Diad 6 - Classic manifest style

fty589

So this just started happening today. When you use the classic manifest style (the one that shows 19 stops at once) the customer’s names show up instead of the addresses. Is this something you can change or was this just a side effect of the update that’s going to have to be fixed?

21Savage

Yeah I worked today and noticed it too. Shows customer names now.

It's now best used on verbose, especially for business routes.

If you put it on classic, it just shows names, not addresses.

fty589

Yeah I worked today and noticed it too. Shows customer names now.

It's now best used on verbose, especially for businesses routes.

If you put it on classic, it just shows names, not addresses.
Don’t you think it’s better to be able to view all your stops at once rather than scrolling through the entire route 4 stops at a time?

It must have been a glitch in the update. It still shows in the examples that each style should show the address.

21Savage

Don’t you think it’s better to be able to view all your stops at once rather than scrolling through the entire route 4 stops at a time?

It must have been a glitch in the update. It still shows in the examples that each style should show the address.
For me in particular, I don't need to see the stops.
I deliver by looking at the packages and not not looking at the board. It's good for businesses routes that have same addresses with different suites.

PPH_over_9000

Honestly, if they could just make it where you wouldn't go into the stop when you clicked on a stop in the list to highlight it that would be terrific.
Things have been slowly getting slightly better, but 90% of my restarts and force-quits happen after the app locks up when I try to open up a stop because I wanted to highlight it.

The other 10% happen when the DIAD disconnects briefly after a bump in the road. Mapnav cuts out and comes back on after a second, but when I make it to my destination the DIAD's almost always going to stay frozen on the navigation screen.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Things have been slowly getting slightly better, but 90% of my restarts and force-quits happen after the app locks up when I try to open up a stop because I wanted to highlight it.

The other 10% happen when the DIAD disconnects briefly after a bump in the road. Mapnav cuts out and comes back on after a second, but when I make it to my destination the DIAD's almost always going to stay frozen on the navigation screen.
From my use of it for the past couple of months now, trying to open up a stop after a while will almost always freeze the diad or crash the mobile delivery app.

Just try to see how many packages you have for the stop anyways and go find them all and sort them if needed if it’s a multiple suite complex and just scan as you go.

That’s how I’ve been doing it to try and stop the unnecessary freeze.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Just set it to compact + sort by commit to see air, bulk and pickups mainly and use the map for the bread&butter sections of your route.
IMO the map functions way better than the list in it's current state

fty589

Just set it to compact + sort by commit to see air, bulk and pickups mainly and use the map for the bread&butter sections of your route.
IMO the map functions way better than the list in it's current state
I haven’t tried the map. How does it work? Can you see the stops you have in each area/neighborhood?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I like having 19 stops on the screen so I can plan where I’m going next without having to scroll as much. And now that I have progressive lenses, I can actually see them.

JustDeliverIt

I like having 19 stops on the screen so I can plan where I’m going next without having to scroll as much. And now that I have progressive lenses, I can actually see them.

Too much going on with the 19 stops listed IMO. I go with the middle setting and like it. Lists 9 stops, now has added the name and you see that with the address. But I'm also not scrolling aroung all day, just follow the blue line and go. If your trying to jump around your route I could see why the 19 stops would help but seems like to much work.

Whither

Scofflaw
Too much going on with the 19 stops listed IMO. I go with the middle setting and like it. Lists 9 stops, now has added the name and you see that with the address. But I'm also not scrolling aroung all day, just follow the blue line and go. If your trying to jump around your route I could see why the 19 stops would help but seems like to much work.
In the trace we trust, long live ORION!

PPH_over_9000

It doesn’t show you where the truck is like the old map did though

But it has the ability! I've noticed that when you start the truck up from the Map view, in the ~5-30seconds it takes for mapnav to load a little truck icon will appear on the map and start moving in whichever direction I'm going.

It's brief but it happens. Here's hoping they figure out how to make that icon show even when the truck's not on.

I haven’t tried the map. How does it work? Can you see the stops you have in each area/neighborhood?

It works best in tight areas where you know following Orion will screw your entire day. I use list view on the backroads, map view in the suburbs. Oftentimes when you first open your map view you won't see a single black box indicative of a stop-- just zoom slightly in or slightly out and they should appear for you. Some days you'll have to zoom in/out after every stop.

Map view is awesome, but due to the touch screen's inability to work in the rain it can make rainy (or even just humid!) days frustrating as hell.