Diad cradle

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just work as directed. If the Orion setup is as bad as you say it is you'll either make a lot of money or they'll tell direct you not to follow it.

That's what happened to me, 2 days and I was told i am being directed not to follow the Orion. Fine by me ... Still expect me to use the cradle though so I put it in there every stop.

It's not your job to fix their problems and even if you try, they won't listen to you anyway.

If they tell you not to follow orion, ask them how they want you to run the route. By leaving it up to you to decide which stop to make next is you fixing their problem. My delivery order is so jumbled I couldn't just deliver based on the way things are loaded either.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Our local already said they can't discipline us for cradle use. Unless the supervisor is on car and records every time you don't use it then they can't issue discipline based upon technology.

They can discipline you, they just can't discharge you.

Your local needs to update themselves on the contract.

First ocurrance requires a verbal talk with. The second can be a warning letter.

Question...

In progressive discipline, what comes after a warning letter?

Grey

First ocurrance requires a verbal talk with. The second can be a warning letter.

Question...

A physical warning.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Question...

I guess all those people should have read what they didn't vote on.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
I was told by a supervisor that if we do not utilize the cradle we would be written up. Needless to say I have three cup holders now.

Aren’t you quite the rebel/BAMF’r. Let me tell you a little secret. When you follow ORION and it adds miles/takes longer. Guess what? Your SPOH goes down.
Which in turn means you’ll be dispatched with less stops/less miles(area). Most importantly less boxes in the South that’s huge.
Right now they have you trained with reverse psychology and you don’t even know. Take it from a seasoned vet for what it’s worth. I proudly have the lowest SPOH in the building/probably district.

OKLABob

Everyone complains about Orion and everybody knows it’s dog :censored2:. Work as instructed run it 100% and when you have missed businesses at the end of the day it will be there problem we get paid by the hour take your time and make the best of your day!

OKLABob

already tried playing that game , received “You are instructed to break solution and get businesses off on time “[/QUOTE\]” that’s bull crap if they are willing to fix it then they should pay the consequences. I don’t have a bid route I’m unassigned and I run Orion 100% everyday and I’ve had missed and a word has not been said to me.

Rack em

Made the Podium

Question...

Driver's cannot be disciplined based soley on technology period. If my cradle "malfunctions" they cannot give me a warning letter because their equipment doesn't work. If they have their BS reports ALONG with direct observation with me not using the stupid POS cradle, then they can start the disciplinary process.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
already tried playing that game , received “You are instructed to break solution and get businesses off on time “
You literally run ORION til you only have time to run business stops. Go top to bottom til all commercial is complete.
Then go back to the top of the list. 1 trace break still has that sting to it trust me.

542thruNthru

Driver's cannot be disciplined based soley on technology period. If my cradle "malfunctions" they cannot give me a warning letter because their equipment doesn't work. If they have their BS reports ALONG with direct observation with me not using the stupid POS cradle, then they can start the disciplinary process.

Sorry man but yes they can. I've posted the language a few times.

Article 6 Sec 6 says Discharge not discipline.

It also says no driver shall receive a warning letter without first having a verbal counseling on the same infraction.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Sorry man but yes they can. I've posted the language a few times.

Article 6 Sec 6 says Discharge not discipline.

It also says no driver shall receive a warning letter without first having a verbal counseling on the same infraction.
So you're telling me the wire to my cradle or bulkhead door can come loose and that I can get a warning letter for that?

542thruNthru

So you're telling me the wire to my cradle or bulkhead door can come loose and that I can get a warning letter for that?

Technically yes.

Usually when we have something like that happen. We write up the door/cradle. Creating our own paper trail and then protest the verbal counseling.

The main point I was trying to say was that refusing to use the cradle can get you disciplined even without a observation.

OKLABob

Technically yes.

Usually when we have something like that happen. We write up the door/cradle. Creating our own paper trail and then protest the verbal counseling.

The main point I was trying to say was that refusing to use the cradle can get you disciplined even without a observation.
You cannot get any type of write up or warning for electronics unless they catch you in the act in person. I don’t know where you are from but you are wrong.

542thruNthru

You cannot get any type of write up or warning for electronics unless they catch you in the act in person. I don’t know where you are from but you are wrong.

Ok... I'm going to be a nice guy and let you read Article 6 section 6. After you're done. You can come back and tell me you were mistaken and all will be forgiven.

I'll be here waiting.

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Driver's cannot be disciplined based soley on technology period.

Incorrect.

I think you and your local needs to brush up on the contract.

If my cradle "malfunctions" they cannot give me a warning letter because their equipment doesn't work.

If they can find fault with their equipment, or if the equipment is broken, then no, you cannot get a warning letter.

But, if the equipment is proven functional, and you just elected not to use it, then yes, you can get a warning letter and possibly even a suspension if you continue not to use it.

If they have their BS reports ALONG with direct observation with me not using the stupid POS cradle, then they can start the disciplinary process

Sorry, incorrect again.

They only need direct observation to discharge yoi. They don't need direct observation to give you a warning letter or possibly even a suspension.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Incorrect.

I think you and your local needs to brush up on the contract.

If they can find fault with their equipment, or if the equipment is broken, then no, you cannot get a warning letter.

But, if the equipment is proven functional, and you just elected not to use it, then yes, you can get a warning letter and possibly even a suspension if you continue not to use it.

Sorry, incorrect again.

They only need direct observation to discharge yoi. They don't need direct observation to give you a warning letter or possibly even a suspension.
You and our BA disagree.