Diad III

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I agree that we should utilize existing equipment rather than incur the significant expense of buyng 40,000 additional DIADS.

A better choice might be to switch entire centers or even buildings...and their helpers...back to DIAD III for peak, rather than have the driver/helper combo operate with dissimilar DIADS.

The software of the different DIADS might be the same but the hardware and method of operation is vastly different. This is of no real consequence to an experienced driver...but to a peak hire or helper who is struggling to be productive on one type of DIAD it is even harder to use two.

Quite frequently in a tight residential neighborhood or office complex it is necessary for the driver/helper team to "juggle" DIADS. It helps immensely if both of those DIADS are identical.

The other thing that I see always being an issue is that DIAD III has no backlight on the keypad. This is additionally confounding for a helper. We were told at our PCM that UPS knows the learning curve is steep for these helpers, primarily due to learning the DIADs. I know the cost is enormous for all new DIAD IV's for each team, but if the software is identical in III & IV, how much would it cost to "re-skin" & upgrade each one to IV, vs how much does UPS lose, that they fail to admit, is due to just stumbling back and forth on these 2 versions of the same device?

My helpers haven't touched the diad the last 4 years. I was told to put 20 stops in their board. But since I'm an over achiever, i do 30.