Did anyone get a response from their senator?

MD Dan

I wrote a letter that I would have written anyway. Both of my senators in MD are Dems and I mentioned that I am a registered Dem and that I vote in the primaries and general elections. I got positive responses from both as expected. Much more interesting are responses from Republican senators such as Mahmoud's. So these senators really believe that brown baillout crap? That was the shallowest, most insulting(to the electorate) sound bite I have heard since it was a "flip-flop" to change your mind when you find out new facts. Does anybody think???

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
No surprise from the Republican Kansas Senators, None suport the bills nor the Representatives. Got responses from them all thanking me for my intrest and telling me why they do not support it!!

I did my letters online long before UPS asked us to though!!

40 and out

You can only delete or modify your post for 15 minutes after you post it. After that, you could use the "report post" icon (the triangle thingy) and ask that it be deleted.

Thanks for the help.

I received in the mail today a response from one of my senators in regards to the letter writing campaign the company asked us to participate in.

He stated in the letter his support of the express carrier legislation and also the Employee Free Choice Act.

Sweet.

Anyone else get a response?

My junior senator replied with a letter in support.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
I received in the mail today a response from one of my senators in regards to the letter writing campaign the company asked us to participate in.

He stated in the letter his support of the express carrier legislation and also the Employee Free Choice Act.

Sweet.

Anyone else get a response?

I didn't wait for the UPS organized campaign, I wrote immediately after the Brown Bailout BS started....

I have the misfortune to live in Kentucky, which means I get Jim "What brain cells?" Bunning, who is a couple beans short of a beanball, and Mitch "Never met a union I wouldn't screw" McConnell. In spite of the fact that UPS is the largest private employer in the state (22,000+) AND has practically single handedly revitalized the economy by creating jobs in logistics around the city and state, Massa Mitch sent me a response letter that was an absolute MASTERPIECE of fog. I literally COULD NOT figure out what side of the issue he was on. I assume he wouldn't vote yes on ANY bill that had ANY positive impact in any way on any union organizing effort, in which case he should have the courage of his convictions, and say so, and explain why he would vote that way. But, he is a moral coward, so he didn't.

In a state that had John McCain whupping Barack Obama by 16 points or so, Mitch ALMOST lost a close race to a relative unknown. Too bad.

Bunning isn't running for reelection, after fighting with the GOP top dogs over whether he was mentally able... If he HAD tried to run, it was a sure win for the Democrats. Now, the GOP has a good chance to keep the seat.