Did everyone else get paid time and a half for this past Saturday?

Boxline loader

-Atlanta Hub

I was talking to a fellow worker today and he stated he got paid time and a half for Saturday. I have been here 11 years and i have always been told that when a holiday falls on a weekday the 6th day is straight pay. I looked at my check and they also paid me time and a half.

I would have asked a union steward but the new hub does not have one yet.

Thanks

if you work Monday-Saturday and one weekday was a paid holiday you get time and a half pay on Saturday. Holidays are considered a punch, contract says 6th punch is straight overtime.

KoennenTiger

I used to be able to volunteer to run Saturday air. Now all these guys I barely recognize yet keep chatting with me about my area like I should know who they are and they are running not only the Saturday air but they are driving up and parking outside of all my apartment buildings and sheeting all my boxes NI1. Unbelievable

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
In the Central, if there is a paid Holiday during the week, your workweek is only 4 days, and your 5th day would be time and a half.

Article 12

Section 8

In a scheduled workweek in which there is a paid holiday, the guaranteed workweek shall be thirty-two (32) hours; in any scheduled workweek in which there are two (2) paid holidays, the guaranteed workweek shall be twenty-four (24) hours, etc. For hours worked in excess of thirty-two (32) or twenty-four (24) hours in a week, as applicable, an employee shall be paid at the rate of one and one-half (1 1/2) time the regular straight-time rate, provided the holiday or holidays fall within the scheduled workweek.