Did we lose the ProFlowers account?

FedUpRTD

We still have ProFlowers. There is a huge ProFlowers warehouse in my market, but we we don't seem to get the volume that we used to pick up (RTD wise). The sad thing is that when I was there last year, the UPS feeder driver asked if FedEx (Express) was ever going to buy new trucks! I told him that my tractor just hit 13 years old and his response was that an old tractor for them was 3 years old. Somehow, it seems that we went from an industry leader to a has been rather quickly.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Well trust me, up till just last year it wasn't uncommon to drive a package car that was north of 20 years old. Now new trucks seem to be falling from the sky. As far as ProFlowers are concerned, I think the days of one carrier per account are over. I was just told the other day by a top account rep that there is no price FedEx can beat UPS on. Now a days we all just feed from the same troff.

SmithBarney

...i wouldn't mind driving those comfy Sprinter vans to do drop-n-run stops...

Comfy? 300k miles worn suspension, seats that rattle, seats that are worn from 300k miles of Fatso sitting on it? sprinters are hardly comfy. I'm 5'9 and hit my head on the ceiling and doorway too often when stuck in a sprinter

MAKAVELI

...i wouldn't mind driving those comfy Sprinter vans to do drop-n-run stops...

Comfy? 300k miles worn suspension, seats that rattle, seats that are worn from 300k miles of Fatso sitting on it? sprinters are hardly comfy. I'm 5'9 and hit my head on the ceiling and doorway too often when stuck in a sprinter
The old Dodges not so much. But the new Mercedes are very nice and larger. They ride so smooth you can get a little too comfortable.

whenIgetthere

I'm 6-3 and I hit my head on the back up camera screen so often in the sprinters, even when I remember to duck, it's not enough. Haven't driven a Mercedes yet, seems whenever I cover a route with one on it, it's in the shop for a PM.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I'm not 6' 3" but, close and the one time I drove an older sprinter, I hated it.
Whacked my head a bunch of times.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We still have ProFlowers. There is a huge ProFlowers warehouse in my market, but we we don't seem to get the volume that we used to pick up (RTD wise). The sad thing is that when I was there last year, the UPS feeder driver asked if FedEx (Express) was ever going to buy new trucks! I told him that my tractor just hit 13 years old and his response was that an old tractor for them was 3 years old. Somehow, it seems that we went from an industry leader to a has been rather quickly.

So true. our CTV has broken-down several times during the last year, once on the outbound, and it didn't make the plane. I asked the RTD how many miles were on his tractor, and he said, "over a million", but he can't be sure because the odometer has been replaced several times. Tractor looks like it belongs to a Third World donkey transporter.

FedUpRTD

So true. our CTV has broken-down several times during the last year, once on the outbound, and it didn't make the plane. I asked the RTD how many miles were on his tractor, and he said, "over a million", but he can't be sure because the odometer has been replaced several times. Tractor looks like it belongs to a Third World donkey transporter.

I have one of the lower miles old trucks. I'm sitting at around 800K on my 98 Freightliner. We have loads of tractors with 1M+ on them.