Did you splurge on anything

Insaneasylum

I got my first brand new vehicle shortly after I got seniority. I got a 1987 Dodge Dakota that had a little 4 banger, a stick and an ashtray. Put in my own radio and it had 2-50 air conditioning. It was stripped down but it was new and it was mine.
Well at least some one answered the question

I got my first brand new vehicle shortly after I got seniority. I got a 1987 Dodge Dakota that had a little 4 banger, a stick and an ashtray. Put in my own radio and it had 2-50 air conditioning. It was stripped down but it was new and it was mine.
Nice feeling. My first new one was an 85/ford ranger. $7k. Only options was sliding rear window,step bumper and a guage package. Only had an A.M. radio.lol

Browndriver5

Just out of curiosity, does this affect you at all at tax time?
There are two types of 401ks. Roth and regular 401ks. You are taxed on Roth 401ks as you put the money in and are not taxed once you withdraw. Regular 401ks you're not taxed with you contribute but then are taxed when you withdraws. If you set up either let's say you make 1000000 and put 10000 into 401k your income shows 900000

There are two types of 401ks. Roth and regular 401ks. You are taxed on Roth 401ks as you put the money in and are not taxed once you withdraw. Regular 401ks you're not taxed with you contribute but then are taxed when you withdraws. If you set up either let's say you make 1000000 and put 10000 into 401k your income shows 900000
He was talking about changing the w4.

box_beeyotch

I know all about it. Opened one almost immediately after starting. I was talking about changing the w4 for vacation checks.

Wizzy

As an old guy waiting to listen to the Central States call to see if I have to work til I die because I thought the present was more important than the future, max out your 401k. Easy way to bank for retirement and this is not a job you want to be doing in your sixties.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yes I have thought about it. It's a local place called core financial. I always watch American greed and start to think to switch it over
I'm thinking about the fees. The expense ratios for the funds in our 401k are way below the industry standards. If you're investing in sector funds or individual stocks that the plan doesn't offer that's one thing but if you're mainly investing in index funds I can pretty much guarantee that you'll do better in the 401k.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
As an old guy waiting to listen to the Central States call to see if I have to work til I die because I thought the present was more important than the future, max out your 401k. Easy way to bank for retirement and this is not a job you want to be doing in your sixties.
Wisdom.

S

selfcancelsignal

I plan on paying down debt & if we're in the same house, perhaps remodeling... So not really paying down debt.