Dim Comic, Bill Maher, Slams Mourning Fans of Stan Lee or "Comic Slams Comic Books"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Old Man Jingles, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

Stan Lee fans slam Bill Maher for saying comic books played a part in the dumbing down of America

A day after Stan Lee was laid to rest in a private funeral service, Bill Maher took a shot at the Marvel Comics legend, and his grieving fans aren’t happy.

In a post titled “Adulting” on the Real Time With Bill Maher host’s blog, Maher linked comic books to the dumbing down of America — and Donald Trump‘s presidential victory — saying that in our country, “We’re using our smarts on stupid stuff” like picture books about superheroes.

“The guy who created Spider-Man and the Hulk has died, and America is in mourning,” Maher wrote. “Deep, deep mourning for a man who inspired millions to, I don’t know, watch a movie, I guess. Someone on Reddit posted, ‘I’m so incredibly grateful I lived in a world that included Stan Lee.’ Personally, I’m grateful I lived in a world that included oxygen and trees, but to each his own.”

2. Old Man Jingles

3. Old Man Jingles

I found Bill Maher's reaction ironic myself ... he's a comic!
    Comic slams comic books!
    Added that to the thread title.
    Oh My Gosh!, I edited something ... such sacrilege.

4. Wrong

Wrong :))