Dim Comic, Bill Maher, Slams Mourning Fans of Stan Lee or "Comic Slams Comic Books"

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Stan Lee fans slam Bill Maher for saying comic books played a part in the dumbing down of America

A day after Stan Lee was laid to rest in a private funeral service, Bill Maher took a shot at the Marvel Comics legend, and his grieving fans aren’t happy.

In a post titled “Adulting” on the Real Time With Bill Maher host’s blog, Maher linked comic books to the dumbing down of America — and Donald Trump‘s presidential victory — saying that in our country, “We’re using our smarts on stupid stuff” like picture books about superheroes.

“The guy who created Spider-Man and the Hulk has died, and America is in mourning,” Maher wrote. “Deep, deep mourning for a man who inspired millions to, I don’t know, watch a movie, I guess. Someone on Reddit posted, ‘I’m so incredibly grateful I lived in a world that included Stan Lee.’ Personally, I’m grateful I lived in a world that included oxygen and trees, but to each his own.”