Discipline on telematics.......total bs

M

MenInBrown

They can try to fire me over some bs, but rest assured my bosses know they will have to face me outside of work. When I get angry, I make very bad decisions.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I just dont see it making the cut...perhaps a bargaining chip?

Generally I have 10-12 dock stops, good bit of resis...backing goal averages 15-18 and changes....typical bs.

I foresee if this passes, I know for myself, that the package car will sit once I'm at or near the backing goal. Telematics is telematics. It's not a seat belt violation but "technology" is the language.

I'll call my steward, driver sup, then center mgr. Anything that will incur discipline, which paves the way for possible termination, I won't give them an inch.

Granted NE has some of the best snow removal equipment, but I know come winter my truck will be idling and I will be backing quite a number of times. So bring it on.

They can come get the truck and move it or remove any limitations from my telematics. If the latter, I will use that for any previous discipline for other drivers. This really is a foolish path for ups to take imo.

I still can't believe this is even in the talks......unreal.

Yawn.....were skered...

browned out

The following language is also very disconcerting.

No driver shall be issued a warning notice based solely upon the
above-mentioned systems without first having a verbal counseling
session on an identical infraction (e.g. two seat belt violations). Any
such discipline shall also comply with applicable Supplemental
disciplinary procedures and requirements.

Warning Notices will lead to suspensions and discharges based on the fabricated conclusion that an employee refuses to follow management instruction. Warning notices for seat belt violations, too much idling time, too much package selection time, etc will be selectively issued. Targeted drivers that UPS wants to retaliate against will be unfairly disciplined by this article.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
The following language is also very disconcerting.

No driver shall be issued a warning notice based solely upon the
above-mentioned systems without first having a verbal counseling
session on an identical infraction (e.g. two seat belt violations). Any
such discipline shall also comply with applicable Supplemental
disciplinary procedures and requirements.

Warning Notices will lead to suspensions and discharges based on the fabricated conclusion that an employee refuses to follow management instruction. Warning notices for seat belt violations, too much idling time, too much package selection time, etc will be selectively issued. Targeted drivers that UPS wants to retaliate against will be unfairly disciplined by this article.
Yeah it seems like ups would just address all drivers at pcm and call that a verbal counseling session.

F

Frankie's Friend

Yeah it seems like ups would just address all drivers at pcm and call that a verbal counseling session.
Maybe, if there's a steward present.
"I didnt hear that said because irreg carts were being pushed past us during the pcm".

Dollar Chasing

ya know im still on the fence trying to decide whats what with this language. while it specifically list GPS, Telematics and any successor system (whatever that implies), it does NOT solely use the word technology. so even though they changed employee to driver, im not sure how that is bad for inside employees who scan or for that matter clerks who address correct.

View attachment 203004

this is the old language that doesn't really offer any protection in my understanding to inside employees to begin with. this new language really just adds telematics along with GPS and to me it gives a more defined protection. im at a loss as to why the need to change employee to driver though.

Section 6. Technology and Discipline
No employee shall be discharged if such discharge is based solely
upon information received from GPS or any successor system
unless he/she engages in dishonesty (defined for the purposes
of this paragraph as any intentional act or omission by an
employee where he/she intends to defraud the Company). The
Company must confirm by direct observation or other corroborating
evidence any other violations warranting discharge. The
degree of discipline dealing with off-area offenses shall not be
changed because of the use of GPS.
ya know im still on the fence trying to decide whats what with this language. while it specifically list GPS, Telematics and any successor system (whatever that implies), it does NOT solely use the word technology. so even though they changed employee to driver, im not sure how that is bad for inside employees who scan or for that matter clerks who address correct.

View attachment 203004

this is the old language that doesn't really offer any protection in my understanding to inside employees to begin with. this new language really just adds telematics along with GPS and to me it gives a more defined protection. im at a loss as to why the need to change employee to driver though.

Section 6. Technology and Discipline
No employee shall be discharged if such discharge is based solely
upon information received from GPS or any successor system
unless he/she engages in dishonesty (defined for the purposes
of this paragraph as any intentional act or omission by an
employee where he/she intends to defraud the Company). The
Company must confirm by direct observation or other corroborating
evidence any other violations warranting discharge. The
degree of discipline dealing with off-area offenses shall not be
changed because of the use of GPS.

Hey...thought I just had was what if they changed it from employee to driver because of the car washers? In our building we have had a ton of problems with car washers driving around with bulkhead doors open, seat belt violations, and damage being done to cars with no other evidence other than telematics. I mean, that would be :censored2:ty, but maybe that’s the reason, so they can fire them for those issues since they aren’t a driver.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
They don't count telematics in the hub or some drivers would get write-ups just for all the backing to squeeze into a tight space.