Discipline progression

Braveheart

All that is required is warning letter then termination.

Cardinal sin and it is straight to termination.

It all depends on what kind of manager you have.

Some are understanding and do the WL, Susp, Term, and some times a verbal/pitts from to start and even an extra suspension mixed in.

Others are just uncaring jerks.

Pray you have a good one.

Theichii

how easy is it to get your job back when your fired? not that i am i just want to know in case...even though i'm probably one of the better drivers in my center it is easier to know the way in case it should ever happen

redshift1

I've seen people fired and then reinstated within 1-2 weeks usually regarding driving accidents. For a more serious offense like drugs, theft, or actual violence the chances of reinstatement are very slim In fact I cannot recall a single instance. One caveat, employees who are continually combative and disruptive with both management and the union have been terminated for what I thought were minor offenses.

Reno Zepher

Just Remember Shooting a Supervisor is not a Cardinal Sin. Always consult a Shop Steward before you go into the office. It's not a court of law. Your not Sworn in. You don't have to answer any Questions. If you feel that you must Just say " I was delivering and picking up packages for UPS " As long as your not doing anything Wrong what do you really have to worry about????? That really pisses them off. They tell you that they are going to come out and watch you. Great they can do what ever they want to do. If your not Stealing time what can they really do?
Progressive Discipline. Find their Kiss asses who get away with it all the time. Document the times they got away with it and no Discipline. That just works in your favor.
Read your contract. It's so cooooooool...........

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We had a guy in our center that was videotaped by our center manager, "having lunch" with the FedEx Ground (RPS) guy, in the back of the pkg car. This guy got fired and spent the next 9 months as a lawn guy, before finally getting his job back, with back pay.

That same FedEx Ground guy was fired and jailed for stealing pkgs from his truck and selling them on his route. He's now striping parking lots for a living.

dillweed

We had a guy in our center that was videotaped by our center manager, "having lunch" with the FedEx Ground (RPS) guy, in the back of the pkg car. This guy got fired and spent the next 9 months as a lawn guy, before finally getting his job back, with back pay.

That same FedEx Ground guy was fired and jailed for stealing pkgs from his truck and selling them on his route. He's now striping parking lots for a living.

It's not funny to lose a job but mental picture of UPS and FedEx sharing lunch in a pkg car sure is.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
One other thing they can fire you over are garnishments to your wage. The first one is OK. Get a second one, you are outa there.

As has been mentioned it depends on a lot of things. The nature of the issue, and the management team you have.

Generally it is

Verbal warning
written warning
one day off
three days off
Five days off
Gone.

But that is in a perfect world, which over all UPS is not.

d

Dark_Team_135

One other thing they can fire you over are garnishments to your wage. The first one is OK. Get a second one, you are outa there.

I believe there are state laws that keep this from happening in most states now. I think it is ridiculous that you could be fired for something like this anyway. I know there is a small cost to the company, but with computers doing most of the work it isn't enough to justify discharging someone...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I believe there are state laws that keep this from happening in most states now. I think it is ridiculous that you could be fired for something like this anyway. I know there is a small cost to the company, but with computers doing most of the work it isn't enough to justify discharging someone...

I thought I read somewhere on here (BBAG?) that UPS now charges the employee for wage garnishments.

Dark_Team_135

They charged me for wage garnishments and that was 4 yrs ago.

I am charged $3.00 for child support being taken out. The court (and law I assume) allow this. Maybe that is why UPS can't use garnishments as a reason to fire you anymore. Actually I have been told that child support doesn't apply anyway, but the same principle applies if you are paying UPS for taking the payments out.