disqualified 22.4 :(

johnyboi

hey guys so i got disqualified for not running scratch by an hour on the practice route. no late airs or accidents just scratch. I don't understand how I was supposed to run scratch when I had pickups starting at 4 pm and my last stop was a ups store that started at 5:15 which usually had 300 pieces took me 30 mins to do. I even get there early at 4:30pm to do it and get back to the hub at 5pm on heavy days it would take me till 5:30pm to get back. I did everything everyone told me got faster at bulk stops, residential, and a lot better at organization. still couldn't get my time down because of the pickups...any tips would be greatly appreciated for my next run at qualifying.

Indecisi0n

hey guys so i got disqualified for not running scratch by an hour on the practice route. no late airs or accidents just scratch. I don't understand how I was supposed to run scratch when I had pickups starting at 4 pm and my last stop was a ups store that started at 5:15 which usually had 300 pieces took me 30 mins to do. I even get there early at 4:30pm to do it and get back to the hub at 5pm on heavy days it would take me till 5:30pm to get back. I did everything everyone told me got faster at bulk stops, residential, and a lot better at organization. still couldn't get my time down because of the pickups...any tips would be greatly appreciated for my next run at qualifying.
Their numbers are total bull:censored2: . You are probably running scratch but they are playing with the numbers. The hiring process here is horrible.

Est.1998

Did you take your lunch or work through it?
When qualifying, a lot of us worked through our lunch. I'm sure supervision knew but didn't mind.
If you're new, and take a full hour of inactivity, that can prevent you from scratching a route.

johnyboi

Did you take your lunch or work through it?
When qualifying, a lot of us worked through our lunch. I'm sure supervision knew but didn't mind.
If you're new, and take a full hour of inactivity, that can prevent you from scratching a route.
i worked through my lunches to get my last couple resi stops off. but i did take my 15 to organize my truck and line my resi stops one after another on the 2000 shelf so i can grab and go and not screw around in the back trying to find packages. they waited till day 29 to disqualify me. thought i had the job by then but guess not

Est.1998

i worked through my lunches to get my last couple resi stops off. but i did take my 15 to organize my truck and line my resi stops one after another on the 2000 shelf so i can grab and go and not screw around in the back trying to find packages.
When i say work through your lunch, I'm talking about inputting an hour of lunch in your board but still working. When i was new, I'd forget to do that. Sounds like you did the right things and your manager sucks.

johnyboi

When i say work through your lunch, I'm talking about inputting an hour of lunch in your board but still working. When i was new, I'd forget to do that. Sounds like you did the right things and your manager sucks.
yeah i put it in my board but kept working their only complaint was scratch

Indecisi0n

This i don't understand. I'm sure they need drivers at virtually every hub yet they play this game.
Do you see the management we have today? No one wants the job anymore. So we end up getting who we are left with to fill the spot. Normally that's some inexperienced dick who has no clue how to run a company. It's sad.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Not again

Are all 22.4s whiney little beatch’s

johnyboi

Not again

I am not whining... I was maybe looking for advice it could be anything. I understand I got disqualified... disappointed, but ill take it as a learning experience... just looking to improve for my next run at qualifying...if you think its whining then fine whatever. I am just trying to improve that's all...maybe I worded it weird. but whining wasn't the intention.

Est.1998

Not again

Lol, have a little empathy.
This was a life changing event for the guy, and although he gave it his best, he failed.
Browncafe is our metaphorical bar where we come to socialize and sometimes let off a little steam while other times gaining knowledge.

Sidenote: he could've used the search bar to research previous posts dedicated to this very topic, but who has time for that.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Not again

b37fdca306a19c3743f7ad679d8a7ee4.gif

UPSER1987

Did you show gradual improvement throughout the progression? They look for that-improvement. How many total stops deliver and pickup each day?

churn n’ burn

Don't take any negative comments personal, here or in the hub. In order to qualify you have to well liked or do what you're not supposed to; show up early to sort your truck, run off your stops, work through lunch, no brakes, etc... When you get to a pickup, separate your airs/int and throw the rest in. See if you can hit any PU's early.

cachmeifucan

Its probably because you are white and you don't fit the profile and someone else in the building that they like better is next in line. Sucks to hear that I would call the manager and beg for another chance use human emotion against him.

Est.1998

Its probably because you are white and you don't fit the profile and someone else in the building that they like better is next in line. Sucks to hear that I would call the manager and beg for another chance use human emotion against him.
How do you know what box he checks for race?
I didn't see that mentioned anywhere.