disqualified as 22.4

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
So on my 17th day I was told to report to my road supe when I got to work. He then informed me I was dqed because my numbers where not looking good. That previous Saturday they sent me out with 155 stops claimed it was only to take me 4.5 hrs lol. They sent out with a truck with a broken cradle and a route I never been on. I was told to use my phones gps and one supe even gave me his portable batteries because I only carry 1 portable in my bag. While doing the route a customers dog ran out of the house and jumped up on me ended up knocking me off the stoop and rolling my ankle. I continued to finish my route because I wanted the job and have already had a twisted ankle twice and figured icing it when home would be fine. I finished my route in 10.5 hrs phone kept dying but I got every package off. I return truck punch out and leave the portable batteries on supes desk with note letting him know about the dog jumping on me and my ankle being swollen. On the following Tuesday they dqed me saying my numbers where not where they wanted and that Saturday wasnt really being held against me. I asked them if there was anything else I could do since we are heading into peak and until I can get another chance I really wanted to work. So next day I get a 9am meeting with gm finally at 11 even has time to see me, we talk about possible handler job, then I explain about how I need to get my ankle looked at. He says he had no clue about my ankle and we have to write reports if I want to be seen. I show my ankle which is now 4x its normal size and say yeah i want to be seen. They make me wait another 1.5 hr before they have another road supe come in and take me to walkin, I get restrictions and put into an air cast. Next day Liberty calls and ask if I would do Taw if they offer it, I tell him sure as long as I can follow restrictions I'll do whatever they got for me. That was last I heard, next week I go for reveiw with Doctors office she says they dont have claim number for me and that without it I will have to pay out of pocket for the physical therapy she wants me to do. I sent text to GM asking for it never got an answer so called Liberty they tell me it and also tell me that UPS claims I am TAW. I contacted my GM he says I am terminated, seriously what can I do. I didnt make seniority even though my numbers where coming in lower everyday, my stops per hr where basically 17-18 when all I needed they said was 20. Hell half the time I would kill time just so I wouldnt be sitting waiting on pickups then I would end up waiting at UPS store almost 1.5 hrs for them to release my ticket to me.
Should have talked to mafia before letting supes and others know your business.

Could have been directed in a better direction before it got this far.

Good luck.

PPH_over_9000

Yeah and what should I say to the expensive lawyer? "I got no money no job but I do got a bumm ankle can ya handle that for me?"
All I wanted was to do my work or any work and go home.

Workers comp lawyers tend to do the work for "free," only taking payment out of your settlement if they win your case.

Consultations tend to be free as well.

My first recommendation would be to get in touch with your local and see if they can help you through the process, but seeing as how you seem to be non-union... best bet would be to google workers compensation lawyers in your state/area. Set up a consultation, and for Christ's sake keep all documentation related to this incident (like medical documentation and after-visit summaries.) Tell the lawyers everything. I mean EVERYTHING. At that point, the ball'll be in their court as to whether or not you've got a case worth pursuing.

It sucks to have to go through these steps but sometimes you're gonna need a little help when management starts trying to crush the rank and file. This is more of a last resort measure, but it seems to me you're at the point where you've got no other options other than to grin and bear it.

JL 0513

R.jpeg

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Workers comp lawyers tend to do the work for "free," only taking payment out of your settlement if they win your case.

Consultations tend to be free as well.

My first recommendation would be to get in touch with your local and see if they can help you through the process, but seeing as how you seem to be non-union... best bet would be to google workers compensation lawyers in your state/area. Set up a consultation, and for Christ's sake keep all documentation related to this incident (like medical documentation and after-visit summaries.) Tell the lawyers everything. I mean EVERYTHING. At that point, the ball'll be in their court as to whether or not you've got a case worth pursuing.

It sucks to have to go through these steps but sometimes you're gonna need a little help when management starts trying to crush the rank and file. This is more of a last resort measure, but it seems to me you're at the point where you've got no other options other than to grin and bear it.
Especially with those sleazy bastards at liberty

clean hairy

As soon as he got hurt, should have called to let them know what happened.
Would have helped with being able to file against the home owner as well.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I believe the 344 has two work comp/ personal injury lawyers on retainer. Call your local and get the numbers.

These companies can care less if you get an attorney, there so many lawsuits and claims because of this pandemic, all they have to do is to stonewall information or starve you and your small time lawyer into dropping your case or settle for peanuts.

His best bet is to find another job, even if he would of qualified everybody on this site knows he would not last long. Besides why continue to work for a company that did you wrong, it would effect his mental health in the long run.

Sounds like he was hired off the street..would he be eligible to file a grievance if he does not have is 30 in?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Nobody mentioned union grievance handling yet. Qualifying drivers DO have a right to protest their disqualification. New route equals a slim chance the business agent has enough to get something good.

BuriedInCardboard

You screwed up by not reporting the injury when it occurred. You only have yourself to blame. If you want it bad enough you gotta nut up for 30 days and do whatever it takes. Once your in you find your pace/take ALL your breaks etc. UPS doesn’t want a liability. Your “twisted ankle” story which probably isn’t even true in the first place…”labels you as such. Best of luck!

allahuakbar

She/Her
You screwed up by not reporting the injury when it occurred. You only have yourself to blame. If you want it bad enough you gotta nut up for 30 days and do whatever it takes. Once your in you find your pace/take ALL your breaks etc. UPS doesn’t want a liability. Your “twisted ankle” story which probably isn’t even true in the first place…”labels you as such. Best of luck!
You gotta be horrendous at this job to get DQ’d anytime after September as well.

Actually H.R. told me that my numbers looked good at my time of disqualification, that they were showing I was improving in all areas except on my Saturday runs. Also I did report it, I texted my supe that was on duty that day and never recieved a response. And about wanting it I came out of disability to work "ticket to work" program. All my supes knew this and understood I wasn't looking for any special treatment, I just wanted to know WHAT I needed to do. Hell i wasn't even told that I didnt have to sit at UPS Store waiting for close out ticket till my 14th day. That right there shaved off 1.5hrs of my time. And about my twisted ankle it actually turned out to be a ligment tear buddy with a tear in the achilles as well. I still finished the route without crying about it. H.R. says they are investigating my disqualification but I dont have hope of a retry this year. And until the doctor releases me from restrictions and P.T. is over nobody will hire me not even amazon. I went to several interveiws and they all say the same "come back when your off restrictions" and work comp has already told me ups has taking responsiblity that is why they are paying the medical to get me back to work. lol So much B.S. no wonder so many people just say " forget it" i"ll stay on disability.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Actually H.R. told me that my numbers looked good at my time of disqualification, that they were showing I was improving in all areas except on my Saturday runs. Also I did report it, I texted my supe that was on duty that day and never recieved a response. And about wanting it I came out of disability to work "ticket to work" program. All my supes knew this and understood I wasn't looking for any special treatment, I just wanted to know WHAT I needed to do. Hell i wasn't even told that I didnt have to sit at UPS Store waiting for close out ticket till my 14th day. That right there shaved off 1.5hrs of my time. And about my twisted ankle it actually turned out to be a ligment tear buddy with a tear in the achilles as well. I still finished the route without crying about it. H.R. says they are investigating my disqualification but I dont have hope of a retry this year. And until the doctor releases me from restrictions and P.T. is over nobody will hire me not even amazon. I went to several interveiws and they all say the same "come back when your off restrictions" and work comp has already told me ups has taking responsiblity that is why they are paying the medical to get me back to work. lol So much B.S. no wonder so many people just say " forget it" i"ll stay on disability.
I wouldn’t count on ups taking you back. You are now a liability most likely on the do not rehire list

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
So on my 17th day I was told to report to my road supe when I got to work. He then informed me I was dqed because my numbers where not looking good. That previous Saturday they sent me out with 155 stops claimed it was only to take me 4.5 hrs lol. They sent out with a truck with a broken cradle and a route I never been on. I was told to use my phones gps and one supe even gave me his portable batteries because I only carry 1 portable in my bag. While doing the route a customers dog ran out of the house and jumped up on me ended up knocking me off the stoop and rolling my ankle. I continued to finish my route because I wanted the job and have already had a twisted ankle twice and figured icing it when home would be fine. I finished my route in 10.5 hrs phone kept dying but I got every package off. I return truck punch out and leave the portable batteries on supes desk with note letting him know about the dog jumping on me and my ankle being swollen. On the following Tuesday they dqed me saying my numbers where not where they wanted and that Saturday wasnt really being held against me. I asked them if there was anything else I could do since we are heading into peak and until I can get another chance I really wanted to work. So next day I get a 9am meeting with gm finally at 11 even has time to see me, we talk about possible handler job, then I explain about how I need to get my ankle looked at. He says he had no clue about my ankle and we have to write reports if I want to be seen. I show my ankle which is now 4x its normal size and say yeah i want to be seen. They make me wait another 1.5 hr before they have another road supe come in and take me to walkin, I get restrictions and put into an air cast. Next day Liberty calls and ask if I would do Taw if they offer it, I tell him sure as long as I can follow restrictions I'll do whatever they got for me. That was last I heard, next week I go for reveiw with Doctors office she says they dont have claim number for me and that without it I will have to pay out of pocket for the physical therapy she wants me to do. I sent text to GM asking for it never got an answer so called Liberty they tell me it and also tell me that UPS claims I am TAW. I contacted my GM he says I am terminated, seriously what can I do. I didnt make seniority even though my numbers where coming in lower everyday, my stops per hr where basically 17-18 when all I needed they said was 20. Hell half the time I would kill time just so I wouldnt be sitting waiting on pickups then I would end up waiting at UPS store almost 1.5 hrs for them to release my ticket to me.
You were hurt on the job, get a lawyer and sue

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Lawyer up

Whither

Scofflaw
If you can find a decent lawyer, you should be able to get a healthy settlement from UPS on top of their having to pay for your medical bills. A torn ankle ligament and achilles won't make you rich but once the case is settled it will beat nothing, especially since you'll be out of work for some time. The lawyer should send you to a doctor of their choosing (e.g., not the company doctor) to 'rate' your injuries for settlement.