Disqualified during 5 day training. Thoughts?

hyena

Nature of Grievance:
Pursuant to Article 6, Section 1 of the UPS/IBT Master Agreement, And any other article that may apply the Employer violated the collective bargaining rule by entering into, or attempting to enter into, an agreement or contract with its employee (insert your name).

Remedy to be Desired:
(1) To maintain the past practice of the promotional process. (2) To be given equal treatment to complete the promotional process. (3) Make grievant whole.

That should start you off. Anyone have something to add?

stink219

This should be the real use of brown cafe. Too many times we use this site to argue with our brothers and sisters. Some use it to stand on their soap box. But I feel it works better to HELP our brothers and sisters. I wish we would see more of this stuff and less of agenda issues.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Stink, with all due respect, does a grievance really have to be as specific as you suggest? Wouldn't "I don't feel as though I was given a fair shake during my 5 day training" suffice? Couldn't the BA then use that as a starting point to build the case in favor of the OP?

stink219

You are correct Upstate. And it should be that easy. But it's my experience that some managers try to talk (coerce) the employee out of validity of grievances. My last 5 years has been a huge game changer in that regard. I use the perception of knowledge as a scare tactic. It seems to heighten the success of settlement of grievances. So most times I just include either the mutually agreed upon language or even OSHA, DOT and even the Constitution. I created such an intense harassment grievance that our "labor relations" in our building has been better than its ever been. Believe it or not, I have to thank management, I just use their system against them. If you want to take a look at the harassment grievance, I can PM you?

stink219

Stink- he does not like the union. (Just the benefits) And this is not a slam but the truth.
I've moved beyond our past differences. My intent on signing up to BC was to help people, not get into holy wars. Weather anyone believes it or not, BC was a different place without him. Not necessarily for the better. I'm at a truce with Upstate. He is improved and as will I be. Well, with acception to Realbrown. That guy is a DB.

hyena

This should be the real use of brown cafe. Too many times we use this site to argue with our brothers and sisters. Some use it to stand on their soap box. But I feel it works better to HELP our brothers and sisters. I wish we would see more of this stuff and less of agenda issues.
Yet TDU Sucks is still your sig. Get off your soapbox and drop your agenda.