Disqualified

Jimmy walker

I've been covering for about a year, just made a bid about a week ago then had a backing accident, union says I was at 24 days with all my driving but at least a dozen times doing air I also handled ground packages and was told I couldn't be paid as cover that day because it would ruin their numbers for the day ! If those days had been counted right I would be in and the accident couldn't DQ me, question is do I have a leg to stand on ?

UPSGUY72

I've been covering for about a year, just made a bid about a week ago then had a backing accident, union says I was at 24 days with all my driving but at least a dozen times doing air I also handled ground packages and was told I couldn't be paid as cover that day because it would ruin their numbers for the day ! If those days had been counted right I would be in and the accident couldn't DQ me, question is do I have a leg to stand on ?

Have you asked you SHOP STEWARD or your BA yet ??? If not why ?

You should have filed a grievance the first day they said they were't going pay you as a cover driver that day because it was going ruin there numbers ?

Last edited:

Jimmy walker

Unfortunately I did them a favor by letting it go I guess, mistake, was told they " owed me one " ! Union guy says he needs dates to check, didn't think at the time I needed to keep.up with it that close, wish I had !

upschuck

If you can prove you have the days in, then file the grievance, if it is your word against theirs, then I wouldn't, because you probably will not win, and next time will be harder to qualify.

Overpaid Union Thug

Did you actually scan any ground packages on those days? It might take some digging on their part but it would prove you handled ground.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Did you actually scan any ground packages on those days? It might take some digging on their part but it would prove you handled ground.
If they were looking to pay him as an air driver I'm willing to bet they would have deleted the scanned packages from his timecard.

Actually OP, that may help you. If you know the days you may be able to go in and see if your timecard was altered. If they removed packages it will get logged.

By The Book

If they were looking to pay him as an air driver I'm willing to bet they would have deleted the scanned packages from his timecard.

Actually OP, that may help you. If you know the days you may be able to go in and see if your timecard was altered. If they removed packages it will get logged.
Are you talking about time card edits? This person could request records for all the days he drove(with the request coming from his local). Then could have the same days time card edits printed out as well.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Are you talking about time card edits? This person could request records for all the days he drove(with the request coming from his local). Then could have the same days time card edits printed out as well.
That's exactly what I mean. If they wanted to prevent him from getting top rate they would have to edit his timecard to remove the ground stops. I'd be willing to bet they cleared packages scanned and his areas. It would look like he didn't touch any ground those days.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Some things were scanned some weren't but I'm sure it looks as if I didn't touch ground on any day that I was paid as an air driver
Having air drivers or p/t cover drivers shuttle ground packages out to drivers or drop points like UPS stores is common here. They never scan them. It's air pay and wouldn't count towards qualifying. Hell, sometimes they'll meet me at the delivery point just so I can scan it and walk it into the business, it's kind of a joke.

I'm not saying it's right but that's the way they do it here. Might be worth a shot filing on it if it's your last hope.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
OP. Sorry this has happened to you,, but consider it a valuable lesson in your career !! The Empire will chew you up lie and minipulate you to do anything including scare tactics , then throw you to the lions when done !! Always watch out for # 1 first and cover your ass !!!!!