Late air during 30 days

TarAndFeathers

Methodically disorganized
I will keep it short and to the point.

I am a driver currently in my 30 day progression and almost near the end with just 3 days left

I have never had late air, missed businesses, and have always kept my overallowed down, and have pretty much been able to run scratch daily.

Today however I had 3 late airs, because of a bad accident backing up traffic, and my air being thrown in on different shelves, and it being too spread out in my area to get to all of it in time.

Supervisor says I have been doing very good and that if I wasn't something like this could cost me.

This is my first case of late air or any service issues, will this be a major problem for me?

TarAndFeathers

Just kidding dude, I'm sure you'll be fine if they like you. This is why they have exception codes.
My sup told me to not let it happen again. He said that I have been doing very well, but if I wasn't doing well, this could be something very bad.

My only concern is whether it's enough to cause major issues since I have pretty much gone almost the entire month without a service issue or anything else like that. My shop steward also thinks I will be okay, but just to be careful.

My sup told me to not let it happen again. He said that I have been doing very well, but if I wasn't doing well, this could be something very bad.

My only concern is whether it's enough to cause major issues since I have pretty much gone almost the entire month without a service issue or anything else like that. My shop steward also thinks I will be okay, but just to be careful.
Just make it to Thursday without :censored2:ing up. Good luck bro.

rod

Retired 22 years

So did he mean don't let bad accidents stop you? Wait until you make book then ask him if he knows how stupid that sounds. J.Q. Public don't have a clue what idiots you have to work for.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
will this be a major problem for me?
Screenshot_20230923_182809_Chrome.jpg

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
You'll be good. You get your five days in a row of under?
Edit: They must have started you like immediately following the handshake deal on the contract, correct?

JL 0513

So did he mean don't let bad accidents stop you? Wait until you make book then ask him if he knows how stupid that sounds. J.Q. Public don't have a clue what idiots you have to work for.

You don't have a helicopter on standby?

The idea that sups wouldn't excuse uncontrollable situations during probation is absurd. No doubt that many candidates failed because of traffic situations, really bad loads, etc. It's total BS if a sup can't adjust to that.

542thruNthru

Tell em Rod! I mean these kids today will never know the trouble of your day. Like the great brontosaurus pile up of 59. Or the black plague of 47.

TarAndFeathers

According to what I heard from my BA and steward, just a one time occurrence usually isn't enough, but of course keep it clean and don't let anything else happen.

DriverNerd

If you explained to them what happened your supervisor could easily check if it took you a much longer time than expected to get to your desired destination to see if you were lying. If you ever get in a situation where you might not get your air off in time, always deliver your air first without any ground delivering and send in a message explaining that you need help with air deliveries as soon as you realize.

TarAndFeathers

So did he mean don't let bad accidents stop you? Wait until you make book then ask him if he knows how stupid that sounds. J.Q. Public don't have a clue what idiots you have to work

If you explained to them what happened your supervisor could easily check if it took you a much longer time than expected to get to your desired destination to see if you were lying. If you ever get in a situation where you might not get your air off in time, always deliver your air first without any ground delivering and send in a message explaining that you need help with air deliveries as soon as you realize.
Absolutely, in this case the traffic was just uncontrollable and what should have only taken 25 minutes to do, ended up taking 40.