District Consolidation

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by drbrownsox, Jan 18, 2020.

1. drbrownsox

drbrownsox Member

Anybody hear about any districts consolidating?

2. Anonymous 115

Anonymous 115 New Member

I thought that happened last year. I'm wondering about more "transformations".

3. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

Anyone else notice they really, really young managers. Transformation $$ at its best...

4. Red Mule Rider

Red Mule Rider New Member

Folks used to start working in the hub and work their way up thru the ranks. Learned the business along the way, load, unload, driving etc. Managers now don't know what it is like in the trenches, the only boxes they have ever handled is their handi-wipes. The down fall of the company will be inexperienced management trying to tell the seasoned employees how to do their jobs. All I can do is work as directed and lmao

5. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

Really really what young managers? Is it a secret or are you drunk again?

6. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

New sort manager in our building is 26. In charge of 350 people. Totally not ready. Gotta love the daily dumpster fire.

7. browndevil

browndevil Well-Known Member

I remember those days. I used to say, " the guy who signs my check used to do my job"

8. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

See next post from Rollo..and no I am not drunk..yet.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  9. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

but he has a degree so therefore he can right the ship

10. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

bleeds real talent out while promoting to make a quota or placekeep. UPS mgmt = revolving door cesspool

11. RetiredIE

RetiredIE Member

When I was promoted in 1985 the District Manager told me not to flaunt or count on my college degree. In his mind, the only thing that mattered were real world results over time. I was not trusted with big tasks until I proved I could reliably complete small tasks...sounds like things have changed a little out there...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Casca

Casca Member

thats one of the differences between United Parcel Service vs ups.