Disturbing New Development

It will be fine

At Ground, there are 3 people on every truck. One coming, one driving and one leaving. Driving for a contractor is little more than transitional employment, just a job between jobs. Something just to tide you over until the kind of job that you will gladly dedicate yourself to comes along.

The unfortunate reality is that driver employee is expected to go out there and in terms of stops and boxes matches or exceeds what the average UPS driver does in a day and do it for an overall compensation ( wages + benefits) of about 1/3 what that average UPS driver gets.
The reality is that contractors many of whom are heavily leveraged are betting everything they have on the belief that there will always be somebody readily available who will go out there and deliver top of the scale performance for bottom of the scale money and do it on a continuous daily basis for an extended period of time.

Will contractors continue to find these people? It will depend on their labor market .
Do you have this saved somewhere? Copy and paste would really save you a lot of time. Maybe create a bot to just paste the reply for any comment regardless of content.

bacha29

Do you have this saved somewhere? Copy and paste would really save you a lot of time. Maybe create a bot to just paste the reply for any comment regardless of content.
Morgan is a new contributor to this site and given his newly acquired interest in conditions at Ground I did my best to explain the increasing level of risks and constraints contractors face at Ground. In the meantime don't worry about me Just worry about what you could be faced with if the UPS/IBT contract negotiations go down to the final hours before a settlement is reached. In the end it will be settled. It could be settled on July 4th. It could be settled on November 4th.

vantexan

Morgan is a new contributor to this site and given his newly acquired interest in conditions at Ground I did my best to explain the increasing level of risks and constraints contractors face at Ground. In the meantime don't worry about me Just worry about what you could be faced with if the UPS/IBT contract negotiations go down to the final hours before a settlement is reached. In the end it will be settled. It could be settled on July 4th. It could be settled on November 4th.
I'm rooting for November 4th!

dvalleyjim

Eventually there will be extreme driver shortages. After X sweats out the ISP, maybe taking some areas from the more failing ones. Then they will act with the least amount it takes to get warm bodies in a truck. This company is all about the price of the stock, folks. Should it be? I don't know, but working someone 10-12 hrs and paying for 8 with no benefits, lunch or breaks will eventually impact their company in a competitive labor market. That's why Fred liked the Obama slow to no growth economy with the Fed propping up stock prices. It's called crony capitalism. in real capitalism companies compete on the same playing field.

F

Frankie's Friend

Just remember at midnight on July 31st all past practices, all established norms every assumption every long standing covenant .......ends. And at point it's anyone's game.
The sky is falling too.

morgan

i'm new on here? I've probably had an account on here longer than you've been doing whatever it is you do at ground. I unlike you don't have the time nor the desire to waste online complaining about work. maybe you could try delivering a package instead of playing keyboard warrior!

Oldfart

i'm new on here? I've probably had an account on here longer than you've been doing whatever it is you do at ground. I unlike you don't have the time nor the desire to waste online complaining about work. maybe you could try delivering a package instead of playing keyboard warrior!
ouch!!!

dvalleyjim

D'oh!

bacha29

Then what was the focus of your comments ? Certainly not an insightful response. While the contributors to this sight have differences each one shares a common aspiration and that is to do what they can toward the creation of a more stable economic platform for ground contractors as well as a better overall daily work experience for employees at all operating units.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Give the guy a break! We all need a vocation. Something we're passionate about. Productivity be damned!