Divorce, UPS style

Work right slow and safe

Marriage means very little to people today. Based on the amount of divorces I see it would seem that too many people out there look at marriage as something that they can just jump into and if they don't like it then they can jump right back out. Kind of like trying on a pair of pants. And 90% of the time it's the guy that get's hosed. Too many good hard working guys get the shaft from their wives and the courts after a divorce. Because of this many men are scared to get married. I was the same way for a while. The idea of marrying a girl and treating her well only for her to divorce me because she figured out that she wasn't ready to let go of the single life, let alone stay faithfill, and take me to the cleaners in the process was scary. I have friends that are in that exact scenario. One seemed to have a good marriage but his wife asked for a divorce because she wanted to party and mess around with every guy she met. The courts gave her custody of the kid even though she parties all of the time and she gets child support and kept the house. It just seems that the wife comes out ahead no matter what. It isn't always like that but usually is.

Yes it is that way !!!! I know:sick:

Big Babooba

There are 7 people currently getting divorced in my building. I am one of them. I "celebrated" my 27th year the day after Thanksgiving. I was on comp for 20 months and things got stressful because of finances. She went elsewhere to soothe her stress. I'm thankful I won't spend another 27 years with her.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Big sorry to hear that, sounds like you will be better off, please tell me you dont have to give her any money!

Here in illinois on comp you will actually make more money because you get paid 66 and 2/3s your last year salary, unless of course your a guy that takes alot of time off.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
:flowers:Here, to help you feel better.:cheer_up:

There are 7 people currently getting divorced in my building. I am one of them. I "celebrated" my 27th year the day after Thanksgiving. I was on comp for 20 months and things got stressful because of finances. She went elsewhere to soothe her stress. I'm thankful I won't spend another 27 years with her.

Big sorry to hear that, sounds like you will be better off, please tell me you dont have to give her any money!

Here in illinois on comp you will actually make more money because you get paid 66 and 2/3s your last year salary, unless of course your a guy that takes alot of time off.
Here in Texas it's 70%, but there is a cap on it. It comes out to about the same as a 40 hour week because there are no taxes or other deductions paid out.

8up

i met mine on area, we make the odd schedule and long hours work. raising two kids, she complains about being a single parent at times but we all know that we are a family and that some sacrafices for the family are a good thing when we all benefit. we play hard on the weekends, have had great vacations together and know that our love for each other is stronger than any of the stuff that might tend to tear others apart. life is good and certainly beats the alternative.

UPS Lifer

I feel bad for what you are and will be going through. They say that divorce is right below death when it comes to the level of stress it causes you. Unless you are being haunted, I feel that divorce can be much worse than death. You are more likely to be "haunted" in that situation.

I have watched two brother-in-laws go through nasty divorces with a very vindictive partner. The kids were affected and there is still a lot of animosity 20 years later. Life is too short for this.

The best thing you can do is work hard to create an amicable relationship so that you do not have to endure a lifetime of negative outcomes, ... No matter what caused the dissolution.

tiegirl

tiegirl
Hello TieGuy,

My namesake. Not really in the market for a UPS man but I do see my fair share of young good looking men in that brown uniform. Maybe that is why I come to work for UPS. I was in the military many years ago and to walk into a room of freshly showered, smelling good, clean shaven men in a military uniform. Does something for a girl. I guess I just cannot get over a guy in a uniform. Or maybe that is out of uniform. Oh, I do not know, I work for UPS, I stay confused. They make me that way. Then I can follow their orders better. I think.
:wink2:
I'm not sure thats a beehive. Tiegirl since you're marketing yourself for an ups man you may want to post some more pictures. Looks like the moderators could start another forum for those looking for brown love.

tiegirl

tiegirl
The particulars to mine could be embarassing but pretty close to what you have described. I took it like a bulldog and did not let go because my husband and I at that time owned a business together. So his proposal was he got all and I got nothing. With a true friend and napkins from evey bar in town with divorce notes on them, I stuck it out until I got at least something in return for my investment in the business as well as the work I did for the business to the tune of 40k plus no bills, a paid off Surburban, and 250 pounds of ugly was off of me.

For that I now have a beautiful 6 year old green eyed, blonde hair future rock star I love to death. He is right here beside me. Things always happen for a reason. Usually all for the better.

I am gonna write a country song about my divorce, first line goes something like this:
I came home expecting dinner on the table,
But there was no dinner and there was no table!

I wonder how many guys came home from a tough day at work at the ole UPS mine to find there whole house empty, happened to me. I tried to call home when I got off that night like always but the answering machine didn't pick up, phone just kept ringing. Well I thought that was odd but thought maybe the power had been knocked or something to afect the machine. Anyway, when I pulled in my driveway the neighbors all went back in their houses, which was odd. So then I open my front door and see an empty living room, no big screen TV, no sofa, nothing. At this point I thought I had been robbed{well I guess technically I had been} so I ran through the house looking for my wife. When I got to the dining room, I noticed I had a picnic table where my table used to be along with a 5 page letter explaining all of my flaws! The picnic table tipped me off anyway because thieves usually don't leave a trade in!! Anyway, I got the divorce papers a few weeks later asking for half, so I called her lawyer and asked exactly when I should expect my half to be returned!!! Losing all my material possesion was really a small price to pay to get out of a miserable marriage, lost my Z71, my 20ft Stratos bass boat, but I did keep my old Mazda pickup and 12 ft johnboat!

New Englander

Being married with infant children is tough. I've missed so much of my kids accomplishments the other parents at the school think my brother is my wife's husband.

Bottom line....Money isn't everything, I'd trade it to spend more time with my family. Other than financially I don't feel like I'm there when I need to be....

If so, why don't you?