divorce

curtman25208

does anyone know anything about what happens when you get a divorce and your ex is entitled to part of your retirement on how it works? when does she get her part is it when i retire or can she get it now and also on 401k does she get it now or does she have to wait?

klein

Für Meno :)
Normally it settles with wify taking the house/funiture/car - and you keeping retirement funds. Good luck !

Catatonic

Nine Lives
does anyone know anything about what happens when you get a divorce and your ex is entitled to part of your retirement on how it works? when does she get her part is it when i retire or can she get it now and also on 401k does she get it now or does she have to wait?

It is all negotiable but if the negotiation is she gets a % of your pension, she cannot draw until you retire.

Of course, you can buy her out if negotiated.

It varies by state as well.

Most states, it is the value of the pension at the time of the divorce rather than the value at maturity.

S

serenity now

Don't ever retire; that will really get her shorts in a bunch.

S

serenity now

I'll never get married again; I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house. (rim shot)

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I asked the wife what she wanted for our anniversary. She said a divorce. I wasn't planning on spending that much. Git er done!

kazranch

well good luck!! hopefully you don't have kids under the age of 18, ya know what they say, play country music backwards and you will get your hse back, your dog back your car back, LOL