Do Feeders Not Have Same Rules As Package

MobileBA

Perhaps it's not a GPS but rather a Sirius/XM unit. I know I have one. The speed and space between my truck and other vehicles is the the one thing I can control, and I do safely. I use my horn at least twice a day. Once on the pre trip, second time when I'm parking it at the end of my day.

mrbrownstone

There's some pretty good responses in here. Thanks for all the good replies.

My purpose wasn't to bash feeders. We are all after the same goal, driving or not, and that is to get packages from point A to point B.

I don't know any feeder drivers except a jockey driver so I don't know what all the rules are.

I assumed driving a vehicle this large would require stricter safety protocols than package. Those were just my observations.

And to answer the questions about gps, yes, when a tractor of parked in the yard running with the gps on I can clearly see the screen.

MaceFremonti

When you're driving a rig there are plenty of good reasons to go under the speed limit. There are zero good reasons to go over it.

Indeed there is, but I was talking about the guys who really really like the eady overtime... i.e. driving really slooooow....

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Some of the routes get paid by the mile, so it's "HAMMER DOWN GOOD BUDDY"!

Sleepers get mileage pay, so they're the only ones that are going to rock the hammer lane.

I never want to be hammered down on by a good buddy, myself :o

I have a GPS, which if I'm going on a long run I'll take in case there are closed roads and I need to take a safe detour. I mount that SOB right on the dash. I also have lots of electrical crap that I use/charge while on the road. Delivery would never have gone for it, but feeders don't really care/

The speed limit is exactly that, the LIMIT. I realize no one views it as such, but that's what it is. There's nothing wrong with doing 53 in a 55.

If the speed limit is 65, I'll give them 61 or 62. If I've got doubles, down to 58, raining, well then we drop down to 54.

Safety is #1 in feeders. EVERYTHING else can take a number

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Sleepers get mileage pay, so they're the only ones that are going to rock the hammer lane.

I have a GPS, which if I'm going on a long run I'll take in case there are closed roads and I need to take a safe detour. I mount that SOB right on the dash. I also have lots of electrical crap that I use/charge while on the road. Delivery would never have gone for it, but feeders don't really care/

The speed limit is exactly that, the LIMIT. I realize no one views it as such, but that's what it is. There's nothing wrong with doing 53 in a 55.

If the speed limit is 65, I'll give them 61 or 62. If I've got doubles, down to 58, raining, well then we drop down to 54.

I'll do the speed limit up to 55 (assuming no adverse conditions) beyond that I start backing it down. I like to see the vehicles in front of me steadily pulling away.
FYI not all mileage runs are sleeper.

rod

Retired 22 years
There's some pretty good responses in here. Thanks for all the good replies.

My purpose wasn't to bash feeders. We are all after the same goal, driving or not, and that is to get packages from point A to point B.

I don't know any feeder drivers except a jockey driver so I don't know what all the rules are.

I assumed driving a vehicle this large would require stricter safety protocols than package. Those were just my observations.

And to answer the questions about gps, yes, when a tractor of parked in the yard running with the gps on I can clearly see the screen.

I would think the feeder drivers would know where they're going. Why the need for a GPS?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Sleepers aren't the only ones that get mileage pay. There are mileage jobs. Over 500 miles and only 1 turn.

The slow ones get paid by the hour, the fast ones get paid by the mile.