Do I need a clean driving record

UPSerforLife

I’ve been told different things by all drivers and my main question is do I need a clean driving record to become a driver? I’ve asked many drivers some say yes some say no I’m in AZ and I don’t want to look like an idiot going in with black ink all over my driving record. I figured as a driver it needs to be spick and span clean but then who knows. My whole family is UPS ran I got friends in the company but none know any info on the driving situation.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
I think like no major accidents and all that, no tickets within a year. When I took the driving test I had just gotten a speeding ticket, but it hadn't shown on the background check yet so I squeaked through.

Arch

Mr._Clean_logo.png

This guy told me "Yes".

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’ve been told different things by all drivers and my main question is do I need a clean driving record to become a driver? I’ve asked many drivers some say yes some say no I’m in AZ and I don’t want to look like an idiot going in with black ink all over my driving record. I figured as a driver it needs to be spick and span clean but then who knows. My whole family is UPS ran I got friends in the company but none know any info on the driving situation.
How many tickets do you have AJ Foyt?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
I got one ...when I was 18 ....
Had a 1976 TA ....opened that baby up on the thruway....cop was kinda cool ...didn’t mark me over the real bad speed

all 185 horse power! LOL god those late 70s to mid 80s so called American muscle cars where a perfomance embarrassment

IESucks

Ummm yes you do. Wouldn't you strive to have a good driving record anyway? Just follow the rules. McDonald's won't care, try them

UrFellowUpser

I used to have such a horrible driving record and never taught i would have any job that required driving EVER!!! I just happened to go a period of three years of having a clear driving record and that was good enough for UPS. I used to go over on my driving points all the time and in the result of that had my licence suspended twice in the past. Used to get tickets for everything like speeding, seatbelt, moving violations but I've never had a DUI though. Its been 6yrs now that i had a good driving record.

UPSerforLife

See I have two speeding tickets and an accident. Yes within the last year I mean October(ish) will mark a year for two of the three. I know UPS is hurting for drivers and I want to apply like no other. But should I just wait till that year mark?