Do I really need a lawyer?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
If @NAHimGOOD gets injured he's definitely suing this well funded company...

If @NAHimGOOD has to have surgery.... SUIN!

if i go through with the surgery and its jacked up to where i have to have another...

SUING AND GOING @Powder STYLE!

I wish they would even ask me about a return to work day...

Pfft

The real question is. Can you sue for the loss of potential gains while you were out for surgery?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
The real question is. Can you sue for the loss of potential gains while you were out for surgery?
pointing-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

See what I'm saying!!!!

Definitely helping.

Adding that to the list.

RMR46

I have been told to get a lawyer for my workplace injury by a few people. I am still very hesitant to do so as everything has been somewhat smooth I guess in getting done. However I have been out of work since august and the first surgery didn’t repair the issue. Just had 2nd surgery yesterday and I imagine if everything is okay I should be at work around may. I am sure some here have had a lawyer on claims and would you recommend me getting one. I keep hearing some people get a settlement some don’t. If you lose a % of your movement I have also heard it’s based on a calculation and a lawyer cannot get you a better settlement etc.
Hello just remember this and it's very important. I don't know how you got hurt but say you have a legitimate case and you're out for two and a half years. Okay you sue and you win so say you won this is for instance 60,000 now before you get that check you have to pay your lawyer you have to pay back workman's comp not every dime but a percentage and the lawyer and workman's comp figures that out so always remember that it's a percentage of your workman's comp and they'll get a check before you get 10 cents

Up In Smoke

In my experience each state has their own calculations as to work comp claims and future loss of income. If you are injured at work and your claim is accepted, the employers coverage kicks in and all wages and benefits as well as medical will be covered until a point where you are fit for duty. Your Dr(s) will determine the likelihood of any further treatment. If the Dr(s) determine you are more likely than not to need treatment in your future, then pain, suffering and future loss of wages becomes an issue. Before you hire a lawyer, know what the Dr(s) say about your future and know your states workers comp time limits for a work place injury. Your states DWD is a great source for reliable information and laws that protect the employee. gl