How do other people survive with healthcare costs

Brownisbrown

UPS EMPLOYEE
I have worked all of my short adult life in UPS so far and I am starting to hear how much other people outside of UPS pay for insurance (my dad recently kicked me out of his plan so I have been having to pay for my own insurance since last year). I knew UPS has good plans but i didnt know we were THAT good. I got friends with 6000 DEDUCTIBLES AND HAVE TO PAY 200 BUCKS A MONTH FOR THAT :censored2:. HOW DO YOU EVEN FUNCTION AS A HUMAN BEING WITH THAT?????? Meanwhile I thought I was getting screwed…. Also I didnt know it was standard that you have to get recommended to another doctor by your primary care physician if your insurance sucks. I always thought it was just you call whatever dr you want in your plan for any problem you got. I didnt know this was a special UPS thing….

Last edited:

Nah
I have worked all of my short adult life in UPS so far and I am starting to hear how much other people outside of UPS pay for insurance (my dad recently kicked me out of his plan so I have been having to pay for my own insurance since last year). I knew UPS has good plans but i didnt know we were THAT good. I got friends with 6000 DEDUCTIBLES AND HAVE TO PAY 200 BUCKS A MONTH FOR THAT :censored2:. HOW DO YOU EVEN FUNCTION AS A HUMAN BEING WITH THAT?????? Meanwhile I thought I was getting screwed…. Also I didnt know it was standard that you have to get recommended to another doctor by your primary care physician if your insurance sucks. I always thought it was just you call whatever dr you want in your plan for any problem you got. I didnt know this was a special UPS thing….
Mine is about $82/mo with a $1000 deductible. It's not awful. Considering how much I pay I should probably use it more.

But you can thank Obamacare for those costs. Excuse me, the "Affordable Care Act."

General rule of thumb, whatever the legislation's name/title says it does, it will do the opposite.

Back on topic... I do miss Teamcare, but I never wanted to be so dependent on it I was stuck at UPS forever either.

Brownisbrown

UPS EMPLOYEE
Mine is about $82/mo with a $1000 deductible. It's not awful. Considering how much I pay I should probably use it more.

But you can thank Obamacare for those costs. Excuse me, the "Affordable Care Act."

General rule of thumb, whatever the legislation's name/title says it does, it will do the opposite.
What was it like before Obama? Was insurance way cheaper?

542thruNthru

What was it like before Obama?
Geezus, if you ask any of these angry old men they'll tell you it was something like this every day!

b0TmzA.gif

Thebrownblob

The insurance is great, but it’s mostly been great for my family members because I can count on my hands how many times I’ve personally used it. It’s good to be healthy.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'll never forget when Obamacare was implemented. They robbed you with that big tax penalty for not having insurance. Of my usual friend group at the time, I was the only one who didn't vote for Obama. I was also the only one who didn't get hit with the tax because I had insurance through work. I got a pretty good laugh out of it.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Then when I left UPS to go to trade school I didn't have insurance that year so I got butt:censored2:ed like $800. :censored2: the IRS. Taxation is theft.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Then when I left UPS to go to trade school I didn't have insurance that year so I got butt:censored2:ed like $800. :censored2: the IRS. Taxation is theft.
Taxation is necessary for the operation of our country. However, they’ve taken it much too far and yes, now it’s at the point that most taxes are theft.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Democrats also included a Cadillac tax which put penalties on unions providing too much to their members.