Do upsers get a discount on shipping

Pip

Unfortunately, I don't believe we do. I never have nor have I heard of anybody else receiving any kind of discount.

Personally, I have often wondered why, But I guess it would make a lot more headaches, then it was worth.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
No, we don't get a discount. Customers are shocked when I tell them I have to pay the same rate they do. Seems like we would if we walked into a Customer Counter and showed our ID.

SmithBarney

Only discount you get is by manipulating your package data(size weight, etc)
Of course I wouldn't condone it, or suggest it. Definitely don't send a 50lb box of paper and say its a letter.

jlphotog

During my orientation I was told there is no discout for shipping for UPS employees, because... (are you ready for this?) they figure between the wages and benifits we are compensated well enough.

Delivered

No, we don't get a discount. Customers are shocked when I tell them I have to pay the same rate they do.

You actually pay more than most of your customers to ship something. We actually pay the published rate, most customers that do any kind of volume get a discounted rate. How bad is that???

30andout

You actually pay more than most of your customers to ship something. We actually pay the published rate, most customers that do any kind of volume get a discounted rate. How bad is that???
Duh, so take your stuff to one of them and have them ship it for you. Not trying to be mean but that's what I have to do, as our cust. counter is only open when I am out on route.

upsdude

I setup my own internet account. Type it, print the label, take it to work, leave it in the customer counter, done.