Do you know anyone with Multiple Sclerosis?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
At least you are one of the most positive people I know. Just imagine you going through this and you weren't the most positive person in a five state radius.

407, thank you for the words.

My first reaction is feeling like a failure.
I just hit me hard.
I just spent the past few day looking at the xray/scans,

moreluck

golden ticket member
I knew about Cavuto because he's mentioned it many times........but also Janice Dean (the weather machine) weather gal on Fox has MS.

She mentioned it today while reporting on that NHL goalie that was just diagnosed.

raceanoncr

It is a metaphor for my MS.
This monster is Multiple Sclerosis.
It lives in me.
I fight it but it can not be killed because it has no cure.

Lesions are scars.
My body attacks the Mylein Sheath around my nerves.
My body tries to repair the Mylein Sheath and in the process a scar is left (lesion).
My body or monster decided to make his mark and left three lesions in my brain.

Think of a Christmas light string.
Nerves are my copper wiring.
And the plastic coating is mylein.
Too much wear and the coating cracks, the copper wiring is exposed.
The copper wiring starts to fray / break connection and stops working.
You grab some electrical tape and wrap it around the cord but it is never the same.
The electrical tape is lesion / scar.

MS really is multiple scars / Multiple Sclerosis.

Aj, just met a wheelchair-bound guy today with MS. He described it exactly as you just did. He says he feels like he's got a 25-yr old brain in a 100-yr old body. He's ONLY 59.

Super nice guy tryin to do just as you. Keep as active a lifestyle as he can and enjoy life.

Keep up the good fight.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Aj, just met a wheelchair-bound guy today with MS. He described it exactly as you just did. He says he feels like he's got a 25-yr old brain in a 100-yr old body. He's ONLY 59.

Super nice guy tryin to do just as you. Keep as active a lifestyle as he can and enjoy life.

Keep up the good fight.

This is an inspiring post about a crappy life-sentence with MS.
(no disrespect intended ...)

Awareness is my goal and what I hope I have brought to the conversation.
Thank you for sharing this experience.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Awareness Week

First - thank you for reading this thread

Second - NEVER apologize for PMing me.
It sucks and no one should need to reach out to me because the doctor said, "you have MS."
It sucks when a loved one is hit with the same words and you are helpless to fix it.
It sucks that I have experience as a UPS MSer and a moderator on a MS site.
It sucks that the future is unclear and unpredictable with MS.
I am here and you can contact me.

Third- Multiple Sclerosis - This is an exclusive club with four levels of membership.

It is time to shut this club down and this will happen with a cure.
All we have is awareness which gives the opportunity of early treatment.

If you find yourself, a loved one or a friend, experiencing symptoms or sensations described in below video.
It is better to start treatment when MS is suspected and easier to stop if MS is ruled out.

And NEVER be afraid to contact me.

This is an inspiring post about a crappy life-sentence with MS.
(no disrespect intended ...)

Awareness is my goal and what I hope I have brought to the conversation.
Thank you for sharing this experience.
My sis in law has MS...she is 40.no major symptoms...just muscle fatigue.............I guess it his different people different ways!

Rainman

Its all good.
My wife as diagnosed with MS around 5 years ago. So far, no major aymptoms beyond getting tired easily and no felling/dryness in her fingertips. At least its something that won't kill you like cancer. We have 3 teenage daughters that count on her to be there, especially with the hours that I work.It makes you appreciate the good health you have when you look at others who don't have that.