Do you workout?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I use to. I'd get off work, come home and work out. I wasn't large but I was toned and in great shape. Now fast foward 6 years and I'm in feeders, living on my own, married with a kid and I'm 50 pounds heavier. I really want to work out but honestly my legs feel like jelly. I don't know if it's just from being lazy but I have a bad problem with my legs. I've tried biking, walking, jogging, and my legs feel almost hollow. I can still lift, it's just my damn legs always have this weird numb pain in them all the time.
I think I would go see a doctor.

Brownsfan

I called inshape after work to sign up for a membership, but declined after hearing all their idiotic corporate policies.
I wanted to pay the whole year in advance and they said they weren't allowed to do that and that they needed access to my bank account either way.
I was super annoyed. So to annoy me further the guy says " make sure your ready to sign up when you come in cause your enrollment fees get more expensive everyday you wait after your consultation".
I told the guy these policies are everything I hate about dealing with giant corporations and would not be interested in joining.
In shape is the only gig in town, Now what? Prison cell workout program? Lol

Brownslave688

I called inshape after work to sign up for a membership, but declined after hearing all their idiotic corporate policies.
I wanted to pay the whole year in advance and they said they weren't allowed to do that and that they needed access to my bank account either way.
I was super annoyed. So to annoy me further the guy says " make sure your ready to sign up when you come in cause your enrollment fees get more expensive everyday you wait after your consultation".
I told the guy these policies are everything I hate about dealing with giant corporations and would not be interested in joining.
In shape is the only gig in town, Now what? Prison cell workout program? Lol
A power rack an adjustable bench and some adjustable dumbells will be plenty.

Brownslave688

Gyms are all about setting you up in automatic debit now. Initiation fees are something I will not pay. Every gym I've ever been to waves it when I say its a deal breaker.

There's also never enough equipment. Gyms sign members up banking on only 25% showing up daily.

oldngray

nowhere special
Gym memberships are mostly a rip off. Get some equipment of your own (what kind is personal preference) and work out at home. Its a lot easier to work out in your own basement in the morning than needing to go to a gym before work.

Overpaid Union Thug

Gym memberships are mostly a rip off. Get some equipment of your own (what kind is personal preference) and work out at home. Its a lot easier to work out in your own basement in the morning than needing to go to a gym before work.
I don't have the space for the equipment because, unlike most drivers, I didn't go out and buy a mega house as soon as I went fulltime. Now I wish I had. Or something bigger than what I have now.

I read an article the other day that listed the 10 most ineffective exercises. Crunches and planks was on the list as was a few others that many people do on gyms or in their homes. Running, combined with eating less is simply the best way to lose weight. Lifting weights can help or add weight. I read another article that said you have to run 4 miles per day to lose one pound per week. It didn't mention dieting so I'm guessing they by cutting my portions of food too it will speed up the weight loss.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There's some truth in what you say, but I've done it both ways and I much prefer working out in a gym so I'm willing to pay extra for it.

Brownslave688

I don't have the space for the equipment because, unlike most drivers, I didn't go out and buy a mega house as soon as I went fulltime. Now I wish I had. Or something bigger than what I have now.

I read an article the other day that listed the 10 most ineffective exercises. Crunches and planks was on the list as was a few others that many people do on gyms or in their homes. Running, combined with eating less is simply the best way to lose weight. Lifting weights can help or add weight. I read another article that said you have to run 4 miles per day to lose one pound per week. It didn't mention dieting so I'm guessing they by cutting my portions of food too it will speed up the weight loss.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Was this article in a running magazine?

I see as many or more "soft" runners than anything else. Running miles or walking is about the slowest way to lose weight doing cardio. Interval training has been proven not only to burn more calories during the exercise but increase testosterone levels and your metabolism for up to 8 hours after.

I'm not knocking you there is just a ton of miss information here. Crunches and planks are worthless at what? For losing weight? Burning calories? Getting you a six pack? Yeah but they are great ways to build a strong core which everyone doing this job needs.

My wife spent years running on and off losing weight then quickly gaining it back. Even when thin she looked fat in a bikini because she was soft.

Finally this year I said you tired of this yet? I put her on a sprint and power lifting program. 6 months later not only is she smoking hot but she enjoys the gym and is striving for more all the time. Women especially and some men need to realize running 5 miles a day and doing 5 lb curls are not what the people they aspire to look like are doing.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I lift 12 ounces,repeatedly after work.
2014-09-09-18-49-14--639506529.jpeg

Brownslave688

I lift 12 ounces,repeatedly after work.
I know most wont take me seriously but it's frustrating watching people really try to lose weight with fad diets and cardio only to fail when they can't stick to it or get injured.

It's simple really eat meat, fruits, veggies and complex carbs. Stay away from processed foods heavy starches and high fat foods. Do interval training for 20 minutes 3 times a week and resistance training 30-45 minutes 3-4 times a week.

oldngray

nowhere special
I know most wont take me seriously but it's frustrating watching people really try to lose weight with fad diets and cardio only to fail when they can't stick to it or get injured.

It's simple really eat meat, fruits, veggies and complex carbs. Stay away from processed foods heavy starches and high fat foods. Do interval training for 20 minutes 3 times a week and resistance training 30-45 minutes 3-4 times a week.

Its diet + exercise but the most important factor is diet. Exercise is necessary but of lesser importance. You can exercise and be healthy but still overweight without the proper diet.

Brownslave688

Its diet + exercise but the most important factor is diet. Exercise is necessary but of lesser importance. You can exercise and be healthy but still overweight without the proper diet.
Yep it's 80/20 or even 90/10. I know I'm not speaking for everyone but but even if you lose the weight most people want a toned look. You can't get that without weight lifting.

Overpaid Union Thug

Was this article in a running magazine?

I see as many or more "soft" runners than anything else. Running miles or walking is about the slowest way to lose weight doing cardio. Interval training has been proven not only to burn more calories during the exercise but increase testosterone levels and your metabolism for up to 8 hours after.

I'm not knocking you there is just a ton of miss information here. Crunches and planks are worthless at what? For losing weight? Burning calories? Getting you a six pack? Yeah but they are great ways to build a strong core which everyone doing this job needs.

My wife spent years running on and off losing weight then quickly gaining it back. Even when thin she looked fat in a bikini because she was soft.

Finally this year I said you tired of this yet? I put her on a sprint and power lifting program. 6 months later not only is she smoking hot but she enjoys the gym and is striving for more all the time. Women especially and some men need to realize running 5 miles a day and doing 5 lb curls are not what the people they aspire to look like are doing.

It all depends on what you're going for. But as far as speed of weight loss is concerned I've tried plenty of different workout routines. Running at least 4 miles and doing high rep/low weight free weight exercises (if any workout at all) has always melted the pounds away much faster than all of the others. One thing is for sure.....if you run allot in combination with any of the known effective workout programs you will not have that "soft" look as long as you eat reasonably.

MethodsMan

Gyms are all about setting you up in automatic debit now. Initiation fees are something I will not pay. Every gym I've ever been to waves it when I say its a deal breaker.

There's also never enough equipment. Gyms sign members up banking on only 25% showing up daily.

I pay $25 a month at LA Fitness. I think its a $25 well spent.