Does anyone else have a hard time getting into the chatroom?

helenofcalifornia

And if so, what kind of computer and operating systems are you using? Common denominator might solve the problem. I have a Mac using firefox. Frustrating to say the least, but I do get to watch 60 Minutes now on Sundays.

rod

Retired 22 years
I have an old hand crank Dell that has been rebuilt a dozen times by a geek friend of mine. I don't have a problem getting into anything. Its getting out that has been a problem a couple of times --------------Oh yes- and Windows XP

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
We've tried 4 different chat programs this year. Every one of them has had problems... it's going to be a lesser of 4 evils kind of choice.

How about if I uninstall this chat and reinstall the previous one. Even though this one was supposed to have less glitches the older one might actually have less compatibility issues.

Sorry for the trouble.

We've tried 4 different chat programs this year. Every one of them has had problems... it's going to be a lesser of 4 evils kind of choice.

How about if I uninstall this chat and reinstall the previous one. Even though this one was supposed to have less glitches the older one might actually have less compatibility issues.

Sorry for the trouble.
no trouble at all you run a great site thank you.

moreluck

golden ticket member
the 'bar' that denotes chatroom is bright yellow....so bright that you can't read any letters on it . I just pushed it and that's where it took me.

Nimnim

The Nim
now the bar is red with white letters and it shows very well.

Yeah, I prodded cheryl and told her the yellow was illegible. She also worked very hard on this and got the "who's chatting" thing working again. It's on the right side of the main forum page.

helenofcalifornia

OK, where is the yellow (or possibly red) box at exactly? On top where? Damn, it just might be my computer or operating system if it's working for everybody else. (Cheryl, you and me were cool on the cruise, right?? jk, jk!) Got my warm hot chocolate next to me, raining like crazy outside, Christmas lights on, warms socks and still can't get in. Ah well. Life. Guess I'll go watch a football game instead.