does fedex still have flight benefits????

J

JoJoJo

You can only use Jumpseat for business travel... to training or pilot positioning.... All employees have interline status, however.. which is very nice.... On a bunch of airlines the fare is $25-$75 each way.

SmithBarney

Wow... what a read...
Unfortunately that wasn't the end for jumpseating there.

thanks to the FAA and Homeland Security.. Jumpseating is over.

But hey $50 round trip tickets are still a pretty good deal.

Delivered

Just got back from a trip with FDX $50 r/t tickets got to sit in First Class both ways!! That's the best benefit they have. My wife got to jumpseat once before 9/11 and said it was an aswome expierence

jules23

Logic? Who needs logic?
not long ago a retired fedex driver gave me a website for discounted travel for airline employees...the catch is that you have to be flexible in your travel dates...the upside you don't actually have to work in an air operations. all employees qualify (ups, fedex) because both companies own airlines. at least that's what the driver said...i haven't personally tried it.

i'll see if i can find the link and if cheryl doesn't mind i'll post it.

Eby1

not long ago a retired fedex driver gave me a website for discounted travel for airline employees...the catch is that you have to be flexible in your travel dates...the upside you don't actually have to work in an air operations. all employees qualify (ups, fedex) because both companies own airlines. at least that's what the driver said...i haven't personally tried it.

i'll see if i can find the link and if cheryl doesn't mind i'll post it.
Would love to have the website!!! I dont think it will apply to UPS though.

Delivered

I'am almost certain we can not discounted airfare. With my wife all that is handled through FedEx. You just can't call the airline and get tickets.

Some crusie lines offers us "Interline" discounts. One such website is on upsers.com under the discount section. Also search googl for "Interline Travel" some places will give UPS discounts and some won't you will need to provide Proof of Employment.