Does temp drivers get full time hours?

Pghtemp

I'm coming on as a temp driver in Pittsburgh. The position I applied was a full time temp driver, I received a call from someone to start training in loading/unloading and he stated that the driver position wasn't full time and that I would work inside on the days I don't drive for 3hrs @ $10/hr is this true?

Go Brown Or Go Home!

Pghtemp, its gonna be a while till you get an answer. Just waddle threw the other stuff and it will happen sometime! Haha
Chi town has it all!

sent using smoke signals

By The Book

I'm coming on as a temp driver in Pittsburgh. The position I applied was a full time temp driver, I received a call from someone to start training in loading/unloading and he stated that the driver position wasn't full time and that I would work inside on the days I don't drive for 3hrs @ $10/hr is this true?
Sounds like a question for your steward. Get introduced and he/ she should be able to get those answers for you. Ask a coworker who that is.

BigBeef42

Somewhat similar predicament ...

I just finished training for a utility/Saturday air driver and I just found out yesterday that they won't even be calling me in for saturdays. I'm a back up, back up, back up driver... fug it!

So I gotta wake up super early every Saturday, waiting for a call, that will never come... that sounds exciting!

I was really hoping to do some cover driving this summer, but it's not going to happen.

I also found out that one of our supervisors is delivering packages instead of calling in utility drivers!

It seems the minute u discover opportunity at ups you must roll thru the dirt, do the truffle-shuffle, and wait a few more years.

Keep ur chin up and expect the worst, because that's what they'll give you every time.

Sent using stone and chisel.