Does UPS hand sanitizer cause cancer?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The problem is benzene. It can cause a rare blood cancer. Not good to be applying to the skin.

I'm not sure how the benzene gets into the hand sanitizer? Is it from the gel formulation or added fragrance? Alcohol by itself contain benzene?

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
The problem is benzene. It can cause a rare blood cancer. Not good to be applying to the skin.

I'm not sure how the benzene gets into the hand sanitizer? Is it from the gel formulation or added fragrance? Alcohol by itself contain benzene?
Denatured alcohol contains benzene

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I’d be more worried about the toxic exhaust fumes that smog up the building everyday when a 100 trucks turn on at the same time and the 40 year old ventilation systems that don’t turn on half the time and haven’t had the filters changed since the Clinton administration. We’ve had numerous drivers die of cancer since I started here.

SLW

i was using that artnaturals for awhile lol. whatever * it, just send me that form in the mail so I can get my $5 from the class action in 10 years

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
There are a lot of toxic chemicals banned in other countries that are in everyday products we use. I seldom use hand sanitizer myself. I read ingredient labels before I buy things and I also pay attention to what country they are produced in. There are a lot of bad chemicals used in our food and other products that are there as preservatives or just to make the product look nice. A friend of mine is a geologist for the EPA and he tells me a lot of horror stories about what is around us. A big part of the problem is all those lobbyists throwing money around in DC.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I wont use ups sanitizer. If you look at any made in America sanitizer it will list the type of alcohol. The Chinese sanitizer does not.