Does UPS make you join the union?

Kingpin13

it could given certain situations

if u get hired on for a longer period of time, join the union

or join it now to get your initiation dues out of the way

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Quit hi-jacking my thread. This is all irrelevant. A few people understood the issue- the fact that I am probably going to have to pay to join the union, when I am only going to be employed for a few weeks.

Attention All Brown Cafe Forum Members

Hijacking any thread started by or posted on by bste11 is forbidden.

We are truly sorry, your Majesty. A thousand apologies, your Highness.

This ban will be lifted 12/24 when new guy is given his walking papers.

Kingpin13

Man **** the union. I had to join. I asked my HR guy (the one present while I did my new forms today) and he said it was a necessary evil. This is bull****, I'm only working here til December 31, and MAYBE after that and I have to pay for it??

its a closed shop, you have to join, you did sign up for this job right?

the union aint just gonna let you pass

think about it, you really think a company is gonna go through the process of hiring you and only keep you for 2-3 weeks? maybe for now but unless you **** in the back of a truck or get caught beatin your meat in the managers office, they will call you back eventually

get the initiation dues out of the way

and once you get your union card you can wipe your tears with it

bste11

King of UPS
I don't know, man... I only make 9.50/hr inside and 12.88/hr on the outside. 80 something bucks a month is a lot of my hours for nothing. The way I see it, that 80 bucks is more than my cell phone, internet and satellite tv subscriptions. That's a hefty fee for a month. Unnecessary.

dragracer66

I don't know, man... I only make 9.50/hr inside and 12.88/hr on the outside. 80 something bucks a month is a lot of my hours for nothing. The way I see it, that 80 bucks is more than my cell phone, internet and satellite tv subscriptions. That's a hefty fee for a month. Unnecessary.
You aren't going to be $84 bucks a month. Its 2 and a half times your hourly rate. The 84 number is for full time employees not for 3 week wanabees. Look at this way on Dec 26th your union questions will be solved!!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Union dues vary across the country but are 3 times our hourly in my district so your figure of $80 is inflated.

bste11

King of UPS
Some of you guys are lame. It's as if you think I am insulting you personally by talking about the union. Get over it, please stop whining and being all sensitive. I don't understand that girly stuff, I cannot empathize.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have six kids, an ex and a current wife. All covered by UPS Health, Medical, Dental Ins. I'd venture to say my benefits far outweigh what I have been paid thus far.

Easily.

one

I don't think your ex is covered by our insurance, afterall, you can't have 2 wives. You'd better check this out, so's you don't get charged with insurance fraud.......And where did you come up with the screen name bste11?

UPSGUY72

bste11 did they just hire you for peak or did you get hired as parttime. The human resource person who hired you should have told you what was going to be taken out of your pay check.

In my area if you get hired in Oct, Nov, Dec your consinder tempary help and they take out you dues and initation fees. If they tell you to come back after Jan 1 you passed the test and your now considered Part-time.

IF your complain because there taken money out of your check and your only considered a temp to bad everyone at UPS in the union did the same thing during there probation period.

If you don't like paying union dues go find another job
were you can work part-time and receive free Health Insurance.

UPSGUY72

I love how we all can say we get "free" health insurance because of the Union!

Yet we pay three times our hourly rate here in Union dues. $84 a month or so.

Nothing is free.

New Englander $84 a month for all yourunion benifts is a bargan. Most people pay atleast that a week for just health insurance and no other fringe benifits like job security or pension plan.

UPSGUY72

he doesnt get the health inurance for a year

Thats about the dumbest thing Ive heard hour do you get beast out of bste?

After he's been there a year he'll get health insurance. Find another company out there that gives part-timers free health insurance. 99% on the companies out there only give health insurance to full time people and it's usually on a 30/70 or 40/60 split.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Man **** the union. I had to join. I asked my HR guy (the one present while I did my new forms today) and he said it was a necessary evil. This is bull****, I'm only working here til December 31, and MAYBE after that and I have to pay for it??

If ya dont like a union job go work for FedEX