Does UPS pay for Precourse training ?

Red Headed Stranger

Precourse training is the online training courses you do the week or two before you do your Integrad (Zoom or live) classes. I can remember wondering the same thing when I did them, would UPS pay me for my time to do this precourse training? As I recall, it took a couple of hours to do the precourse items. You received zilch for payment for this training. Again, this was for an "off-the-street" hire. Not sure if they do the same thing for someone coming into Integrad from within.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Precourse training is the online training courses you do the week or two before you do your Integrad (Zoom or live) classes. I can remember wondering the same thing when I did them, would UPS pay me for my time to do this precourse training? As I recall, it took a couple of hours to do the precourse items. You received zilch for payment for this training. Again, this was for an "off-the-street" hire. Not sure if they do the same thing for someone coming into Integrad from within.
So this is a post-COVID thing, no wonder I’ve never heard of it. I can’t speak for off the street hires, but the only time I’ve ever not been paid for the work I’ve done is shifter training which was 4 hours a day for 5 days and the non production week for feeders which makes sense because they are paying for your CDL. In both of those cases, I was told in advance it was unpaid training. Everything else you do, make sure they pay you.

Last edited:

Don't Judge Me

We have certain lingo here at UPS. We can sniff out someone who doesn’t even work here by the words they use. You are getting asinine remarks because no one here nor anyone else in the history of UPS knows wtf “precourse training” is because we have never heard of it.

If you would be so kind to inform the rest of us peons on what the hell that means, you may get better answers.
Prcourse is what they're making new drivers do before going to integrad. It's all online, and takes all of like 3 hours to complete. Basically it's an introduction to what you're gonna learn at integrad.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Play your cards right and in 4 or so years you’ll be making $100k a year
Think the free training was worth it

Thebrownblob

Play your cards right and in 4 or so years you’ll be making $100k a year
Think the free training was worth it
Probably more than that, A smart person who keeps their debt low doesn’t have School loans and get married to someone making decent money will do very well I don’t care what anyone says.

Yeet

Probably more than that, A smart person who keeps their debt low doesn’t have School loans and get married to someone making decent money will do very well I don’t care what anyone says.
It takes a doctor over 10 years to make more than a UPS driver.

Figure-1-for-Kevin-Pho.png

alwaysoverallowed

Yeet

Ugh. We do not make more than doctors. Full stop.

Here’s the link to see where this came from, if you want a headache read more than two paragraphs.
Not in the long term. Full stop. The graph explicitly shows that. We don’t have 100K+ in student loans to pay back. If you look they don’t start making money until their 4 year residency and that’s after 10 years of school. It still takes quite a while for them to catch up. Surgical tech here for 5 years. Please school me.

alwaysoverallowed

Not in the long term. Full stop. The graph explicitly shows that. We don’t have 100K+ in student loans to pay back. If you look they don’t start making money until their 4 year residency and that’s after 10 years of school. It still takes quite a while for them to catch up. Surgical tech here for 5 years. Please school me.
The numbers he’s using they are dated and work on the assumption that a person one year post high school would be earning $60,000 as a driver. Hey I think it’s great you think you made more than a doctor, at one point, but your source is a guy who advocates for Ben Carson as President.

Yeet

Once reaching complete inebriation...

May we speak in 4th person?
Know thine own limits, my friend. We are speaking of no one in particular. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in all my screw ups is everyone has a vice.

But, if :censored2: is going to try to school me on medical academics, he better have life experience.

Yeet

The numbers he’s using they are dated and work on the assumption that a person one year post high school would be earning $60,000 as a driver. Hey I think it’s great you think you made more than a doctor, at one point, but your source is a guy who advocates for Ben Carson as President.
Year one I made 97K. While your doctor made -100K for 10 years. And all this isn’t even counting how much malpractice insurance costs. Keep going.