Does UPS pay new hire's for Memorial day?

Newguy123

I read something somewhere about working the day before and the day after the holiday to get the pay, but people were telling each other to check their contracts. As a new hire, I have no contract and am not even Union (only been working 2 weeks). Do we get payed for the holiday too?

HULKAMANIA

Working for 2 weeks, unless you are a friend/t hire it doesnt sound to good. P/t I cant remember how long you have to be there before you actually get paid holidays, 90 days rings a bell but I may be wrong.

Newguy123

Working for 2 weeks, unless you are a friend/t hire it doesnt sound to good. P/t I cant remember how long you have to be there before you actually get paid holidays, 90 days rings a bell but I may be wrong.

I'm just a P/T hire. Work for a few hours a night. I'm also seriously considering leaving, I can already smell all the BS. I work at a Hub and they are very clearly understaffed (they keep sending me to different tasks and areas every night, and when I'm done with my main job, they send to me something totally unrelated to what they hired me for, and I am never fast enough for them). I'm killing my body for $8.50 an hour.

UPSGUY72

I'm just a P/T hire. Work for a few hours a night. I'm also seriously considering leaving, I can already smell all the BS. I work at a Hub and they are very clearly understaffed (they keep sending me to different tasks and areas every night, and when I'm done with my main job, they send to me something totally unrelated to what they hired me for, and I am never fast enough for them). I'm killing my body for $8.50 an hour.

They hired you to work at night. They didn't hire you for a specific position they might have told you that you would be starting to work in a certain area of the building which it sounds like you do. However since your the person with the least seniority they are going to put you where they need you not where you want to work that is how it work in your building and in any other UPS center.

Apparently your young you will find out in time whether your working at UPS or some where else you do what your told.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Every operation at UPS is understaffed. That's how we roll.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Welcome to UPS, hope you enjoy your time here.

rod

Retired 22 years
Welcome to the jungle-- now quit whining and get to work. Its only us retired guys who get paid for doing nothing. :-)