does ups still recognize their employees that retire

JODI SMITH

Has anyone retired recently? I was just wondering if your center manager recognized that you were retiring and said thanks or shook your hand? Mine didn’t say a word about it on my last day!

rod

Retired 22 years
Has anyone retired recently? I was just wondering if your center manager recognized that you were retiring and said thanks or shook your hand? Mine didn’t say a word about it on my last day!
For the most part management has never been noted to have a heart. Now be prepared for the Union to disown you too.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What did you want the .89 cents a pack Bar-S-hotdogs or the little ceaser’s pizza

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I only agreed to the cake, coffee and roses for my wife because my center manager at the time was a really good guy. I didn't want to see him get dinged by his bosses.

PT Car Washer

I only agreed to the cake, coffee and roses for my wife because my center manager at the time was a really good guy. I didn't want to see him get dinged by his bosses.
I can understand the flowers for the Mrs. as now you will be home 24/7 being a pain in the ass instead of at work where you should be.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In most case no. My center manager is a guy who was still wet behind the ears when i transferred into his hub. So we kinda grew up together in this hub. When I gave my 2 weeks notice he asked me to consider staying and continue mentoring new drivers. He also wanted to have a party but I declined. I asked that he not say a word to anyone and he kept that promise.

he was one of the very rare ( good ) bosses that UPS has. I felt bad about not staying on just because he asked but had already made up my mind and had planned the retirement years before.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
In most case no. My center manager is a guy who was still wet behind the ears when i transferred into his hub. So we kinda grew up together in this hub. When I gave my 2 weeks notice he asked me to consider staying and continue mentoring new drivers. He also wanted to have a party but I declined. I asked that he not say a word to anyone and he kept that promise.

he was one of the very rare ( good ) bosses that UPS has. I felt bad about not staying on just because he asked but had already made up my mind and had planned the retirement years before.
41E9A186-FE95-4C12-A18A-1AD5210294C9.gif