Does your job,take away the Christmas spirit??

oldngray

nowhere special
One of my favorite Christmas specials when I was a kid...
bumble-the-abominable-snowman.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
When I retired I really got into the Christmas spirit so I put up all the decorations we had (some of them were pretty sad). The day after that first retirement Christmas I went to Target and a few other stores and bought tons of half price lights and decorations. I have enough now to light up a complete city. The sad thing (not really) is that every year since that we have gone to Texas to visit the Grandkids for the Holidays so all that stuff is still sitting on a couple of shelves in the basement as they say "in mint condition in original box.

T

Turdferguson

When I was young,I really enjoyed Christmas. Now,I can't wait for it to be over! Too much work,no time for family.

How about you?
Now that I no longer drive last year was first christmas I've enjoyed in the last 25. Pay cut I've taken sucks , but more to life than money

Sent using BrownCafe App

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My oldest son was born on Christmas Eve my second peak at UPS. We always had all the family at my house that evening to celebrate both the holiday and his birthday.

Back when Christmas Eve was normally a light day and management kept all the seasonal routes and helpers on, it wasn't too bad. A lot of years I was done by 2:00 or 3:00 PM.

Once we went public, that ended.

Before I retired, my best UPS peak was 2001 when I was off on comp. By then, he had his own place and we were gathering at his house. I got to cook everything and spend time with everybody.

So, yeah. If you and your family have any kind of holiday tradition, this job will certainly interfere.

brown bomber

brown bomber
peak used to end a few days before Christmas, my peak delivery days were about 5 days prior to Christmas,..and then you coasted through,..I used to get home in time to enjoy Christmas eve w/ family and friends, and even attend early ( 4:00 PM) Mass, on Christmas eve...so that the kids could rip into presents on Christmas morning

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
peak used to end a few days before Christmas, my peak delivery days were about 5 days prior to Christmas,..and then you coasted through,..I used to get home in time to enjoy Christmas eve w/ family and friends, and even attend early ( 4:00 PM) Mass, on Christmas eve...so that the kids could rip into presents on Christmas morning
Yup and its only going to get worse every year from here on out. I just have the mindset anymore where you know what it is what it is, ill just focus on making as much money as possible from work and customers and cruise through it and not kill myself in the process.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
At least you're retired!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yup and its only going to get worse every year from here on out. I just have the mindset anymore where you know what it is what it is, ill just focus on making as much money as possible from work and customers and cruise through it and not kill myself in the process.
Worse....nah....we're only starting about 90 min earlier today than usual this week......time to make the donuts! lol