Dogs and freaks

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Regardless of the opcos, let's share a few stories about some of the dogs we had to fend off, or the completely bizzare encounters with the customer that will make us all laugh or scratch our heads! Have some fun.

!Retired!

So many to choose from, but my favorite.

German Sheppard bit the tire on an Econoline I was driving and gave me a flat.

Code 82 Approved

A weimaraner bit me in the arse through my coat after throwing him a treat and walking up the porch steps once. It was a swing route I used to do and it was about a half mile winding gravel driveway to get back there. Once there, there was no turn-around...after the biting all the packages had to be picked up at the mailbox or at the terminal.
On the same route this old geezer would get a few packages per week and he would always come outside in his size 52 loosey whities. Yuck!

But the best story I think I have is a first stop C.O.D. on a Monday where the resident sat on the stairs in her nightgown with her legs apart while filling out the check. Out in the sticks of that route, I saw prettier roadkill. Double YUCK!

Code 82 Approved

So many to choose from, but my favorite.

German Sheppard bit the tire on an Econoline I was driving and gave me a flat.

I would love to explain that one to my boss at Ground. Dog bit the tire! Hell no I'm not getting out to change it! No the resident isn't home! I'm out of pepper spray!

CJinx

I called a customer to get some directions as our driver was having trouble locating the place. Turns out, the shipper had mixed up portions of his home address and his storage facility address(in another town). But nevermind that, it was our fault that we couldn't figure it out. He went on to explain how he does hundreds of thousands of dollars with the competition and topped it all off that he wanted to refuse all Fedex shipments from here on out.

Ok, not a problem. Have a nice day, sir.
We RTS'd about three dozen shipments over 6 months, after which he called in and filed a complaint that his packages were no longer being delivered.

Schlepper

I got bit by a gigantic white dog a month ago, called animal control and got it quarantined for ten days. Bite was deep enough to draw blood. Their stuff gets left halfway up the driveway now.

whenIgetthere

I got bit by a gigantic white dog a month ago, called animal control and got it quarantined for ten days. Bite was deep enough to draw blood. Their stuff gets left halfway up the driveway now.

A few months ago, I arrive at a resi way out on the end of a dirt road. I park at end of driveway, start walking up to house, three pit bulls show up and are obviously agitated, but they have the invisible fence from what I can see. I can see how far they dare to come, so I left the packages about 10 feet from them on a bench which is undercover. I had already blown the horn when I arrived, and no one came out. Later on, get a message from a CSA telling me they're p-ssed I didn't leave them at the front door, even though I had entered 'dangerous dogs' in the comments of the POD screen. So whenever I go there now, I blow the horn for a few seconds, give 'em two minutes to show they're home, if not, I tag the mailbox. They asked CSA for me to call them when I get there, I told her no, Fedex doesn't pay for my phone. Haven't heard a peep since the CSA informed them of that.

A few months ago, I arrive at a resi way out on the end of a dirt road. I park at end of driveway, start walking up to house, three pit bulls show up and are obviously agitated, but they have the invisible fence from what I can see. I can see how far they dare to come, so I left the packages about 10 feet from them on a bench which is undercover. I had already blown the horn when I arrived, and no one came out. Later on, get a message from a CSA telling me they're p-ssed I didn't leave them at the front door, even though I had entered 'dangerous dogs' in the comments of the POD screen. So whenever I go there now, I blow the horn for a few seconds, give 'em two minutes to show they're home, if not, I tag the mailbox. They asked CSA for me to call them when I get there, I told her no, Fedex doesn't pay for my phone. Haven't heard a peep since the CSA informed them of that.
Good for you! If somebody orders a package...Then It shouldn't be a big friend,N , Surprise that you are stopping at their house! If that cant keep their dogs under control and keep you safe.... THEN NO PACKAGE FOR YOU!!!!!

Schlepper

Dogs aren't the only problem on my route. I've come across a few people strung out on methamphetamine. Sometimes I'd prefer the dog.

overflowed

Dex 8\ reason dogs. Pretty easy way not to get bit. They ordered whatever, it's not your fault they didn't put the dogs away.

Guapo

Had a lady ask me 20 questions to confirm I was really a fedex driver-despite the truck and uniform and badge clearly visible-then she opens the door with a pistol in her hand and says "you better be careful around here mister"...but this is Texas no surprise I guess.

Had a lady ask me 20 questions to confirm I was really a fedex driver-despite the truck and uniform and badge clearly visible-then she opens the door with a pistol in her hand and says "you better be careful around here mister"...but this is Texas no surprise I guess.
That would be her last delivery...ever!!!!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

After question #2 I'd be like "ok, I'm just gonna leave a pkg. here for Mrs. X"
If I needed a sig. "Ok, just tell Mrs. X she can come down to the sta. to sign for this"

sjh

We had one driver get hit by a car (hit and run). Thank goodness it was only bruises. Guy even refused ambulance service but we did insist he get a checkup.

And another driver caught some guy going through the back of his truck grabbing packages. Guy didn't realize the driver was sitting in the truck, haha.

And then there was the driver who left the back of his truck wide open and took off. Thankfully it was NOT our driver...but sure did suck for the other contractor. That particular contractor has had the worst luck with his routes. Almost lost a truck off a cliff because the driver forgot to put the break on. Got saved by a brick wall, but the wall was badly damaged. Has had a door ripped off his truck in the terminal. Stories don't end for that guy....

vantexan

During Peak in 2004 was asked when I came off road to run a pkg out to a customer about 15 miles away. Got there about 8 p.m. And it was a gated community and I had no phone # or gate code. Man came up to investigate what was going on with me honking and told me there was no way I was a FedEx courier because FedEx doesn't work that late. He got very abusive with the language and threatened to call the cops. It was a DSR pkg which made him further suspicious when I wouldn't let him sign for it. I told him to call the cops and he could also explain to his neighbor why he wouldn't let me in. That got me in after he mulled it over for several minutes.