Dogs and freaks

DontThrowPackages

Had a lady ask me 20 questions to confirm I was really a fedex driver-despite the truck and uniform and badge clearly visible-then she opens the door with a pistol in her hand and says "you better be careful around here mister"...but this is Texas no surprise I guess.
Paranoid prep'er, no doubt lol. After seeing the pistol, I would have just turned and left with her package in hand. She can bring her pistol to the front counter if she likes cus she bat :censored2: crazy and for safety reasons I refuse to go on her property.

MaineGroundDriver

Got bit just under my ass cheek by a German Sheperd, tore through the pants and bit through my skin .. damn thing tried to get me again as I jumped in the passenger side real quick like, dog was biting at my feet as I was trying to shut the door .. 2 years later still have a 3 inch scar .. had to google the customer to get phone number and call and leave message explaining why they would have found their package in the middle of the driveway as I dropped it as the dog bit me .. saw 3 other dogs as I entered the driveway, the sheperd came out of nowhere and was not welcoming me to his house at all! Ever since then, any dogs that look even remotely hungry, I'll wait, nobody comes out, I open door and deliver pkg wherever I can with note saying "DOG LOOSE" or will 07 and bring back .. usually though you can figure out how to get pkg delivered ..

MaineGroundDriver

Thankfully my new route is in town and rarely have run-ins with dogs .. on a couple back roads I've had a few other encounters .. couple little ankle nipper benji looking mutts going ape**** one day and one of the little bastards bit me behind the ankle .. next time it will get a size 14 upside his damn head!

MaineGroundDriver

I always carry my scanner in hand when approaching a dog now .. is useful for pointing at dogs and keep them at bay .. and if that doesn't work, drive the thing down their throat!

Schlepper

I always carry my scanner in hand when approaching a dog now .. is useful for pointing at dogs and keep them at bay .. and if that doesn't work, drive the thing down their throat!

I've used the laser a couple times to keep dogs away. And yes, the scanner comes in handy if you have to beat one off of you. Hopefully out of sight on the far side of the truck.

MaineGroundDriver

I've used the laser a couple times to keep dogs away. And yes, the scanner comes in handy if you have to beat one off of you. Hopefully out of sight on the far side of the truck.

If it's to the point where I have to beat a dog off me, I don't care if I'm in plain sight of the owner .. it's getting what it has coming to it! Then I'll beat the owner for being an idiot .. lol

bbsam

Staff member
LOL. He said "...beat one off...". I don't care if it is on the far side of the truck! Wait 'til you get home and for Gods sake find something a little softer. You're going to hurt yourself.

bbsam

Staff member
Lol. Really, um...yes. Look at movies like "The Hangover", "21 Jump Street", "American Pie". Or TV like "The Big Bang Theory", "Tosh.0", "Southpark", . There are alot of us out here. Maybe many more than you might think. It's funny stuff to alot of people.

back in my courier days I used to encourage that sort of thing by stuffing Dog Yummies down the front of my pants at the beginning of every shift.
And your mad they didn't stick their snout in your pants? Go to a strip club and shove a few Franklins down your pants!! It will hurt less and you may like it!!!!!LOL