Dollar General Replaces Amazon

bacha29

Fedex has partnered with Dollar General to offer package shipping and receiving beginning with 1500 stores this year and expanding to all 8000 stores by the end of next year. Seems like every little village in rural America has or is in the process of getting a DG. Could be good business . Trouble is with the huge territories many rural contractors cover it's more often than not a one pass once a day in and out whatever time they happen to be going through there that day situation. Hopefully they'll be very flexible when it comes to pickup times.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I wish you knew absolutely nothing at all about it, yet you have a strong opinion.
There. Fixed for you Mr. Knowitall.

By the way do you really think minimum wage clerks at Dollar General are gonna welcome FedEx packages with open arms when they're already overworked and underpaid as it is?

It will be fine

Who said anything about a walkout???

What I'm getting at is how packages with DG are gonna be handled. And not very well I'm betting.

You and your Ground buddies have fun!
Who cares? Walgreens has been a drop off for years now. Most days we pickup nothing. The most I’ve seen is around 3 packages. Nobody even knows you can drop off at Walgreens. Dollar stores won’t be any different, we’ll grab a box a week. WDFD.

Cactus

Who cares? Walgreens has been a drop off for years now. Most days we pickup nothing. The most I’ve seen is around 3 packages. Nobody even knows you can drop off at Walgreens. Dollar stores won’t be any different, we’ll grab a box a week. WDFD.
Well then welcome to another unproductive stop.

It will be fine

Well then welcome to another unproductive stop.
They pay the same as the productive ones. There aren’t many strip malls we don’t visit daily anyway. I love the 0 package stops, we walk in, don’t handle any packages, and get paid for the stop, what’s not to like?

Cactus

They pay the same as the productive ones. There aren’t many strip malls we don’t visit daily anyway. I love the 0 package stops, we walk in, don’t handle any packages, and get paid for the stop, what’s not to like?
It's not up to me whether to like it or not. Pittsburgh may not care for it too much however. And guess who they'll take out their frustrations on?

It will be fine

non-productive stops tend to get cancelled real quick around here.
I’ve had pick up stops close down leaving an empty building. Fedex has left those stops on my pick up list for years because the contact phone number doesn’t answer to verify they’re closed. Fedex pays me to stop by a vacant building everyday. Easy money.