Dominion Lawsuit Shows Fox News is Lying

vantexan

So you're trying to tell me that Reagan a born again dyed in the wool conservative vetoed the Fairness Doctrine just so Walter Cronkite who retired from CBS 6 years earlier could continue with your so called "liberal bias"?

Oh, BTW. Whatever happened to Trump and his so called TRUTH Social platform? To find the answer all you have to do is to take a look at what happened to DWAC the SPAC that Trump partnered with. 3/02/22 stock price....$101. 2/16/23 stock price....$14. EPS... Negative $31 a share.

Without the Fairness Doctrine he could and can continue to say whatever he wants provided that he can get enough people to believe what he says.....And judging by the numbers it would appear that there are not many who do.
The Fairness Doctrine was anything but.

vantexan

Does that include the fathers who abandoned their kids and their mothers? My county government publishes the names and sometimes the photos if they have them of all the child support absconders they have warrants out for in an effort to try to track them down. And you would be surprised at the number of them....who are women.
Surely you do know that back before welfare reform many women would have multiple babies out of wedlock to increase their welfare support?

bacha29

Surely you do know that back before welfare reform many women would have multiple babies out of wedlock to increase their welfare support?
Show us some numbers on this one. You can't portray every single mother as being on welfare without the numbers to back it up.

vantexan

What the numbers bear out is that you can cry "wolf" or "the sky is falling" so only so long until people get tired of listening to it.
At that point it becomes put up or shut up time.
The fairness doctrine was about shutting down conservative voices on radio and television. When liberals realized that it would work both ways they stopped pursuing it.

vantexan

Show us some numbers on this one. You can't portray every single mother as being on welfare without the numbers to back it up.
As always you twist things. Where did I say every single mother was on welfare? I said the way things were set up at one time if a young woman had a child and she wasn't married to a man who could support her she could get assistance. But there was a loophole. If she had another child, as long as she was single, she could get even more assistance. Plenty of women had multiple children out of wedlock knowing they'd be taken care of by the state.

I think with some searching you'll find this was true. Why do you think Clinton signed welfare reform into law? What exactly do you think they were reforming? From my own experience working in a supermarket in the late 70's, early 80's saw plenty of women come in and pay for basket loads of good food with food stamps. I'm not against giving assistance to those in need, but I believe it's wrong for able bodied people to make a lifestyle out of it. If all that's available is McDonald's and Wal-Mart then work there. Welfare reform made it possible for people who are working in poorly paid jobs to get some assistance to feed their kids and such. But the key word is working. And I've heard people express anger and frustration at working lousy jobs in order to get that assistance. They'd rather just stay home and collect like it used to be. Life is hard.

bacha29

As always you twist things. Where did I say every single mother was on welfare? I said the way things were set up at one time if a young woman had a child and she wasn't married to a man who could support her she could get assistance. But there was a loophole. If she had another child, as long as she was single, she could get even more assistance. Plenty of women had multiple children out of wedlock knowing they'd be taken care of by the state.

I think with some searching you'll find this was true. Why do you think Clinton signed welfare reform into law? What exactly do you think they were reforming? From my own experience working in a supermarket in the late 70's, early 80's saw plenty of women come in and pay for basket loads of good food with food stamps. I'm not against giving assistance to those in need, but I believe it's wrong for able bodied people to make a lifestyle out of it. If all that's available is McDonald's and Wal-Mart then work there. Welfare reform made it possible for people who are working in poorly paid jobs to get some assistance to feed their kids and such. But the key word is working. And I've heard people express anger and frustration at working lousy jobs in order to get that assistance. They'd rather just stay home and collect like it used to be. Life is hard.
Just because you saw some examples of what you deem to be welfare fraud and abuse that may have formed your personal opinion but what are the exact numbers? How many proven cases and convictions of welfare fraud as a percentage of total welfare recipients can you produce?
Remember the focus of welfare was the well being of the child. You seem entirely focused on the mother. And would you disagree when I say that the nation's welfare system as it pertains to children and ADULTS was good to you when you needed it?

bacha29

The fairness doctrine was about shutting down conservative voices on radio and television. When liberals realized that it would work both ways they stopped pursuing it.
Ok let's see some examples of it. Today there are numerous conservative social and broadcast media outlets and they will continue to grow for as long as they can attract advertising dollars.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
This may help:

Jude, most holy Apostle, in my need I reach out to you. I beg you to intercede for me that I may find strength to overcome my illness. Bless all those who struggle with addiction. Touch them, heal them, reassure them of the Father's constant love.
I could haves sworn that the 10 Commandments kicks off with : 1 I am the Lord thy God and 2 Thou shalt have no other Gods before me
and yet you are praying to another invisible Man-in the _Sky

vantexan

Just because you saw some examples of what you deem to be welfare fraud and abuse that may have formed your personal opinion but what are the exact numbers? How many proven cases and convictions of welfare fraud as a percentage of total welfare recipients can you produce?
Remember the focus of welfare was the well being of the child. You seem entirely focused on the mother. And would you disagree when I say that the nation's welfare system as it pertains to children and ADULTS was good to you when you needed it?
OK, what exactly was reformed by Bill and Newt? Are you still in favor of giving college grads making $125k a year student loan relief?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I could haves sworn that the 10 Commandments kicks off with : 1 I am the Lord thy God and 2 Thou shalt have no other Gods before me
and yet you are praying to another invisible Man-in the _Sky
Not sure St. Jude, patron saint of afflictions & lost causes can be considered God.

bacha29

OK, what exactly was reformed by Bill and Newt? Are you still in favor of giving college grads making $125k a year student loan relief?
The majority of them are currently working and paying taxes into the system including FICA and other federal taxes....Can you say that you're currently doing the same?

vantexan

The majority of them are currently working and paying taxes into the system including FICA and other federal taxes....Can you say that you're currently doing the same?
That's right, they're working and making a decent living. So why offer to pay on their student loans? Buying votes, period. Which the Biden administration knew they couldn't legally do but dangled that out there before the election and you were fine with that.

bacha29

That's right, they're working and making a decent living. So why offer to pay on their student loans? Buying votes, period. Which the Biden administration knew they couldn't legally do but dangled that out there before the election and you were fine with that.
It was proposed for the very same reason this society deemed it to be appropriate to help you in your time of need.

It was proposed for the very same reason this society deemed it to be appropriate to help you in your time of need.
To a lot of young people their student loans are a financial anchor holding them back from home purchases and a way to financial independence. I don't necessarily believe in loan forgiveness but it could be a way for the country to move forward.

Thebrownblob

To a lot of young people their student loans are a financial anchor holding them back from home purchases and a way to financial independence. I don't necessarily believe in loan forgiveness but it could be a way for the country to move forward.
Maybe but I’m going to bet most likely they will be right back in some other ridiculous financial situation because they took loans they shouldn’t have taken in the first place and got bailed out. Joe Biden proposed at the time because he knew it would not happen. He did it to get votes. He does not control the purse strings

vantexan

People making $125k a year or even $70k a year don't need loan forgiveness.