Don't Accuse Me of Blaming America..........

curiousbrain

A little wordy at times, a little like sophistry; but quite interesting. Reflects quite a bit of my own feelings, at times.

I would, perhaps, add that people who do criticize the government are often quite patriotic; so much so that they demand (or, at the very least, energetically expect) better from said government, in return for all that is given to the government - or maybe even just on basic principles. That is certainly not to imply that people who do not criticize the government are not patriotic, but it does occasionally seem like there is a feeling out there, as illustrated in the link, that any critique of the government is wrong or unjust.

Good read.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
That is certainly not to imply that people who do not criticize the government are not patriotic, but it does occasionally seem like there is a feeling out there, as illustrated in the link, that any critique of the government is wrong or unjust.

Its only wrong or unjust if you against the Messiah...:)

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Hey Klein...try again...

red_x_mark.jpg

klein

Für Meno :)
Oh nevermind then (I guess the pic didn't work) - too bad.

But, it is a good interessting article, and 1 reader commented just like I have in another thread ( the past 200 years of history).

Here is what he had to write :

The author’s comments expresses all of my thoughts exactly regarding the terrorists actions today, yet when I try to tell my friends that “we might have caused it” by all of our government’s actions since 1900, I get blasted out of the water. This article made me feel much better about my beliefs.

You got to wonder whatever happened to the freedom demos from the 60-70's.

Now, it's quite the opposite : Bush goes to war(s), and everyone cheers it on !

Oh nevermind then (I guess the pic didn't work) - too bad.

But, it is a good interessting article, and 1 reader commented just like I have in another thread ( the past 200 years of history).

Here is what he had to write :

You got to wonder whatever happened to the freedom demos from the 60-70's.

Now, it's quite the opposite : Bush goes to war(s), and everyone cheers it on !

When I hear someone say “we might have caused it” by all of our government’s actions since 1900", I take it as WE...the people of the USA. I would like to know what WE did to deserve what happened on 9/11.

klein

When I hear someone say “we might have caused it” by all of our government’s actions since 1900", I take it as WE...the people of the USA. I would like to know what WE did to deserve what happened on 9/11.

Isn't that what the whole article is all about ?
YOU the people get sucked in by the governments, and trust them too much ?
YOU the people didn't stand up and stop the government decisions (now , I'm certain wkmac will have a ball on this one).

I know an another thread, you posted that atleast the USA is fighting for democracy and freedom, but what if THEY the people don't want it ?
What if YOU the people decided on a libertarian government or even a communist government, would WE as the people then want to be invaded ????

I say leave them alone, they can deal with it themselves. And only, if THEY the people ask for help, then react.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If I didn't want democracy & Freedom, then I wouldn't be an American. If you want anything else, you should probably live in another country...and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!!

klein

If I didn't want democracy & Freedom, then I wouldn't be an American. If you want anything else, you should probably live in another country...and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!!

You sure you have all that ? Democracy & Freedom ?
Example : Dessert Storm.

The president has the power to deploy troops for up to 90 days, without congressional approval.
Is that democratic or is that freedom ?

curiousbrain

Rigidly defining what freedom is seems contrary to the very concept of freedom.

tieguy

Banned
"We live immersed in language so twisted and abused, in part by the design of interested parties and in part by the sloth of inattentive speakers and listeners, that we often fail to notice or object to linguistic miscarriages that pass for intelligent expression."

I had to wonder if the OP's author was referring to himself. In reading ramblings of his type I often find myself wondering if he was perhaps using a topic as an excuse to link his verbage.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
We allow fools into positions of power, even if we vote against them. Then when it hits the fan we sit on our asses, in utter shock, waiting for someone else to do something. I am ASTOUNDED BY THE IGNORANCE we allow into government. Some of the crap they pull and things they say really show a lack of higher intelligence. I don't know about you all but I want highly intelligent ppl running my country.

klein

We allow fools into positions of power, even if we vote against them. Then when it hits the fan we sit on our asses, in utter shock, waiting for someone else to do something. I am ASTOUNDED BY THE IGNORANCE we allow into government. Some of the crap they pull and things they say really show a lack of higher intelligence. I don't know about you all but I want highly intelligent ppl running my country.

For re-election purposes, no party will do significate cuts or raise taxes.
But, only 3 new presidencies away, SS and medicare/aid will run out of funds.

That's when it really hits the fan !

Maybe even sooner, if China can't or won't support the US deficit by then.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Warning: language
This describes it well, IMO.

[video=youtube;rsL6mKxtOlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsL6mKxtOlQ[/video]