Don't give to the United Way! Here's why

rickyb

Zzzzzzzz

Go ahead and send United Way some money since "more justice" (your utopia) is not yet established. LOL
no they are not addressing the cuase of the problem. i donate to revolutionary orgs.

charity is probably a business for united way much like it is for many US religions

Oak

St Jude's Children's Research Hospital

Absolutely THE FINEST caring place on the planet. And they need your help. They always will as long as there is a sick child in this world.

My youngest brother was a patient there as a child back in the 70's. The patient has to be referred. After that there is NEVER a bill. If you have insurance, great. If not, don't worry about cost. You need to concentrate on your child and family, not medical bills.

If needed, St. Jude's will provide transportation to and from the hospital, lodging and food for parents while the patient is there for treatment.

Forget united way, give direct.

chicken alfredo

St Jude's Children's Research Hospital

Absolutely THE FINEST caring place on the planet. And they need your help. They always will as long as there is a sick child in this world.

My youngest brother was a patient there as a child back in the 70's. The patient has to be referred. After that there is NEVER a bill. If you have insurance, great. If not, don't worry about cost. You need to concentrate on your child and family, not medical bills.

If needed, St. Jude's will provide transportation to and from the hospital, lodging and food for parents while the patient is there for treatment.

Forget united way, give direct.
Now that sounds like a much better place to donate to and no center manager is pressuring me to ! Good stuff !

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If you want to blindly donate your hard earned money to United Way.... have at it.

Don't do it, to appease the pressure from UPS management.

There are many worthwhile (local) charities that can impact your community.

Days

Well he is a CEO and charities are a business. He has workers and staff that he has to pay that also get salaries and benefits. 80 cents to a dollar that go to charitable causes is pretty good.