Don't know if I still have a job?!

mrbrownelf

I was hired as a seasonal driver helper the week before Christmas this year. After waiting about 5 days after orientation, I finally got called in, and worked the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. My driver and I seemed to work well together, but on the last day, things seemed a bit strange. The driver got a few obscure messages on his DIAD and grew increasingly frustrated, at one point saying "we need to go back to your car." We ended up delivering everything before I got off, but since Christmas Eve, I haven't been called back.

I finally called the eHR number, (cuz I can't find the local one), and got a message saying my social security number isn't in the system. So, I'm wondering, did I lose my job? I might've moved a bit faster than a "brisk walk" back and forth from the rezzies, and I miiight've crossed in front of the truck a few times (at the driver's request), but would this be reason for me being fired? It's just really frustrating, and a bit worrisome, that I've heard absolutely nothing.

PT Car Washer

I don't think I have seen a driver helper since Christmas Eve. May use some during the January Peak for two weeks at the most. Didn't HR explain to you that the job is very limited in duration. My advice is to start applying for other jobs because even if UPS does use you again it will be very limited.

mrbrownelf

Guess I might've overreacted a little bit haha. But another thing, I haven't gotten my check yet! Will they mail it to me, or do I need to go back to the center to pick it up?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was hired as a seasonal driver helper the week before Christmas this year. After waiting about 5 days after orientation, I finally got called in, and worked the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. My driver and I seemed to work well together, but on the last day, things seemed a bit strange. The driver got a few obscure messages on his DIAD and grew increasingly frustrated, at one point saying "we need to go back to your car." We ended up delivering everything before I got off, but since Christmas Eve, I haven't been called back.

I finally called the eHR number, (cuz I can't find the local one), and got a message saying my social security number isn't in the system. So, I'm wondering, did I lose my job? I might've moved a bit faster than a "brisk walk" back and forth from the rezzies, and I miiight've crossed in front of the truck a few times (at the driver's request), but would this be reason for me being fired? It's just really frustrating, and a bit worrisome, that I've heard absolutely nothing.
Didn't they explain it was a seasonal job?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Guess I might've overreacted a little bit haha. But another thing, I haven't gotten my check yet! Will they mail it to me, or do I need to go back to the center to pick it up?
Your check for last week should be at the center today. If it's not far out of your way, it's probably easiest if you go pick it up. Bring ID, since there might not be anyone there that would know you.

wetleg

I was a helper too and worked the 3 weeks up until Christmas Eve and that was my last day. Future need up until the 15th of January will be on a case by case basis. It is supposed to get busy next week so we'll see I guess.

And yes HR exaggerated at the pre-orientation sessions saying the job would last until January 15 and you would get all the hours you wanted. I guess they have to say that to get the help they need. They can't say you'll get a few weeks 3-5 hours a day.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I might've moved a bit faster than a "brisk walk" back and forth from the rezzies, and I miiight've crossed in front of the truck a few times (at the driver's request), but would this be reason for me being fired?

LMAO. As a driver, I've run/jump and crossed in front of the truck THOUSANDS of times, I'm still here.

You're no longer here because you were seasonal, and the season is gone, Period.

Thanks for your lots of help, we appreciate it.

J

jibbs

I spoke with one seasonal in my center who hasn't had any union-related deductions taken out of his paychecks.

Can't say for sure but I'm under the impression that they're not required to join in my center like the regular, permanent employees are once they make book... probably because seasonals can't make book? That actually makes a lot of sense now that I've thought it through a little.... :bored2:

browner89

I hope this guy gets a pass on dues and fees. Kind of like a pardon, to only work 3 days is brutal.

This is the "free period" that nobody starts earning credit towards seniority. They are exempt as they were never going to be part of the union unless rehired as permanent.

browntroll

i have a friend that samething happened to him, only was worked one day as a replacement for another helper that called in sick.
no call back ever since, i told him if they dont ask for the uniform back im gonna burn it lol.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
They had me turn it in on Christmas Eve actually! They prolly had no intention of calling me back haha
When I was a cop, that would have been what we like to call clues. Since this is a company where you are required to wear a uniform and you turned yours in on Christmas Eve, and based on your own statement that they "prolly" {probably} had no intention of calling you back, why would you feel the need to waste yours and our time signing up to a site just to ask the very question you yourself already answered.

Thanks for your dedicated and fervent service!