Dot Physical and drug test

djones264

Today I went in for very basic paperwork. Basically got copy of license took drug test and they sent me to get dot physical for Ups which they paid for. How long before they get background check and is this a promising sign. Thank you

I am applying for feeder driver

Up In Smoke

Today I went in for very basic paperwork. Basically got copy of license took drug test and they sent me to get dot physical for Ups which they paid for. How long before they get background check and is this a promising sign. Thank you

Sounds to me as though you're in the hiring pipeline. They expect you to jump, so if you want this career, prepare to jump when asked.

quad decade guy

How about that background check? You clean? All around? This is important.....don't lie to them. Good luck. We are hiring.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They wouldn't have spent money on you if they weren't planning on hiring you.Congrats
100%.

If they sent you for a drug test and DOT physical, they are intent on hiring you. Feeders is the highest paid hourly job at UPS, don’t screw this up.

djones264

How about that background check? You clean? All around? This is important.....don't lie to them. Good luck. We are hiring.
Every this is clean. Never arrested. I had a few speeding tickets pretty close together when I just go my license at 16. Of course that’s been 30 years ago. I have a speeding ticket in 2008 and 2014 for speeding in my personal vehicle. Naturally I got a lawyer and had one thrown out and the other reduced to 74 in a 65

djones264

Does ups do there own in house background checks or do they use a company called HireRight. I know a lot of companies use them this day to do all the legwork. Just curious.

rod

Retired 22 years
Does ups do there own in house background checks or do they use a company called HireRight. I know a lot of companies use them this day to do all the legwork. Just curious.
For the most part they just "say" they are doing a background check. UPS don't like to spend money and those b/c checks are spendy. If they would have done a background check on me I would have never passed. Lied my ass off filling out the job application.

djones264

For the most part they just "say" they are doing a background check. UPS don't like to spend money and those b/c checks are spendy. If they would have done a background check on me I would have never passed. Lied my ass off filling out the job application.
😂😂

quad decade guy

Every this is clean. Never arrested. I had a few speeding tickets pretty close together when I just go my license at 16. Of course that’s been 30 years ago. I have a speeding ticket in 2008 and 2014 for speeding in my personal vehicle. Naturally I got a lawyer and had one thrown out and the other reduced to 74 in a 65
Cool. Good luck. I don't know how far back they go. So, you may have one less than 6 years ago. To some that's a long time ago, to UPS I truly don't know.....since I'm not mgt.....one more.....shrug.

clean hairy

At least they cannot fire you that!