DOT physical with detectable inguinal hernia

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
trust me the union know,but is as for the member know their rights if not they going for the low wages and the ability to fired people the big cat misleading !!
3A5716BB-465A-498B-8AFF-D7EA3C3DF11B.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I could try and get the physical done and see if I pass. My DOT card is still valid until expired. However, will I fail if the dr detects it or will I receive a shortened DOT card expiration?

I’am not a Dr. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn one time

My opinion is you will fail until you get it fixed

jagger john

I was recently diagnosed with an inguinal hernia. My DOT physical is coming up soon. It’s not huge but is detectible with careful physical exam and by ultrasound. If I do not get this repaired before my DOT physical, will I still be able to pass the physical? Has anyone had experience with this?
i had 1 get it fixed it will tear more and you will have big issues you will not pass dot with hurina

over9five

Staff member
I could try and get the physical done and see if I pass. My DOT card is still valid until expired. However, will I fail if the dr detects it or will I receive a shortened DOT card expiration?

That is what you should do. Go to your physical and see what happens.
This exact thing happened to me. The doctor detected the hernia at my DOT exam. My card was pulled immediately.
Your doctor may or may not detect it. The thing is, you gotta get this fixed. Things could get real ugly if you tear it later. Get it fixed now while its (hopefully) small.
If it gets detected at your DOT physical, they will ask you how you think you got it. You got it lifting heavy boxes at work. You didn't know you had one until the doctor told you, right?

P

pickup

I was recently diagnosed with an inguinal hernia. My DOT physical is coming up soon. It’s not huge but is detectible with careful physical exam and by ultrasound. If I do not get this repaired before my DOT physical, will I still be able to pass the physical? Has anyone had experience with this?

I did my D.O.T physical a few months ago and I had to sign something that was under penalty of the law if I had lied to any of those pesky questions including one about a hernia.

Also remember medical records are increasingly becoming electronic and medical provider A on one side of town might know what diagnosis medical provider B on the other side of town provided for the same patient(client).

And HIPPA means nothing in the world of your medical providers.

Last edited by a moderator:

TCD Chic

So, I am having a similar issue along with someone else in the HUB. I was told by my doctor not to drive a commercial vehicle for at least 2 months.... But when I gave the center manager note ---demands to have a DOT physical to determine if I should have any restrictions and I needed to provide medical records as well. Well this is not a work related medical problem and very personal, but I refuse to provide my medical records just because the center manager feels I am lying and just don't want to drive during peak.... A bunch of crap... I am only part of the driver group when it is convenient to them....Sucks but I have some challenges on this come the beginning of the year.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So, I am having a similar issue along with someone else in the HUB. I was told by my doctor not to drive a commercial vehicle for at least 2 months.... But when I gave the center manager note ---demands to have a DOT physical to determine if I should have any restrictions and I needed to provide medical records as well. Well this is not a work related medical problem and very personal, but I refuse to provide my medical records just because the center manager feels I am lying and just don't want to drive during peak.... A bunch of crap... I am only part of the driver group when it is convenient to them....Sucks but I have some challenges on this come the beginning of the year.

So, how’d ya get this so-called hernia