Double shifting

Tha_Flame

I'm from Ohio & I've been working part time since 2006, but now working as a combo driver since April 2022. The last several months I've been driving regularly, but today and yesterday I didn't.

What is the process of me choosing not to drive for next week & just double shift loading/unloading inside the bldg? I know it's only been a few days that I didn't drive, I figure I could make up the money next week by double shifting, but how would I go about letting my center know in a professional manner?

Thanks in advance

Nah
I'm from Ohio & I've been working part time since 2006, but now working as a combo driver since April 2022. The last several months I've been driving regularly, but today and yesterday I didn't.

What is the process of me choosing not to drive for next week & just double shift loading/unloading inside the bldg? I know it's only been a few days that I didn't drive, I figure I could make up the money next week by double shifting, but how would I go about letting my center know in a professional manner?

Thanks in advance
Just tell them if they have no route for you that you want to bump back into the building to get your 8.

Tha_Flame

Right, but the thing is that they don't call until about 7-8am when the shift starts @9:15am so by then the preload is done for the day. I can go in for the reload and get 4, but is there a way I can just simplify everything and do it for the week versus calling every morning saying hey since you don't have a route for me today I'll be double shifting for tomorrow (everyday)?

Nah
Right, but the thing is that they don't call until about 7-8am when the shift starts @9:15am so by then the preload is done for the day. I can go in for the reload and get 4, but is there a way I can just simplify everything and do it for the week versus calling every morning saying hey since you don't have a route for me today I'll be double shifting for tomorrow (everyday)?
Tell them you want your 8 hours when they call, I guess. You need to find your steward or Business Agent and have this conversation with them.

Tha_Flame

They haven't called today and yesterday. I'm not sure of how it's really supposed to go, but for me they'll call every morning and tell me the route & start time (either 9:05/9:15/10:30).. meaning if they don't call me I'm not working. Lately they've been getting closer to calling me within like 30-40 mins of start time sometimes.. I'll have to call my local in the morning if I don't get the call. Thanks

charm299

They haven't called today and yesterday. I'm not sure of how it's really supposed to go, but for me they'll call every morning and tell me the route & start time (either 9:05/9:15/10:30).. meaning if they don't call me I'm not working. Lately they've been getting closer to calling me within like 30-40 mins of start time sometimes.. I'll have to call my local in the morning if I don't get the call. Thanks
Are u a 22.4 or temp driver?

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I've never really looked into it, but they claim in our building if we want to do this, we need to do it for the entire week, and let them know by Thursday afternoon so Fridays schedule can reflect.