dow 26000

i dont like pole
And here we go
xTiTnDj17mcGH9WUKs.gif
l0IsIZw8doJm3ysRq.gif

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Inflation is my enemy

I'm in a 'dollar-cost average' move out of the market but only 20% out before last week.
I might look at accelerating my sit-out (I am retired) after this excerpt from an e-mail from my adviser.

A battle is brewing between the prospects of a better US economy and strong earnings versus firming inflation trends and a move past peak monetary support. This battle is occurring after one of the most serene periods in market history and a buildup in investor complacency that has made stocks vulnerable to a normal setback. Indeed, the S&P 500’s maximum intra-year pullback of 2.8% in 2017 was the shallowest since 1995. Also, at 400 days, stocks recently surpassed a record period without as much as a 5% pullback. As we discussed in our 2018 outlook, following the 10 calendar years with the shallowest pullbacks, stocks tended to rise the next year but were more volatile.

It does appear inflation trends are firming, supported by low unemployment, a weak dollar, a rebound in commodity prices and fiscal stimulus.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Inflation is my enemy

I'm in a 'dollar-cost average' move out of the market but only 20% out before last week.
I might look at accelerating my sit-out (I am retired) after this e-mail from my adviser.
A battle is brewing between the prospects of a better US economy and strong earnings versus firming inflation trends and a move past peak monetary support. This battle is occurring after one of the most serene periods in market history and a buildup in investor complacency that has made stocks vulnerable to a normal setback. Indeed, the S&P 500’s maximum intra-year pullback of 2.8% in 2017 was the shallowest since 1995. Also, at 400 days, stocks recently surpassed a record period without as much as a 5% pullback. As we discussed in our 2018 outlook, following the 10 calendar years with the shallowest pullbacks, stocks tended to rise the next year but were more volatile.

It does appear inflation trends are firming, supported by low unemployment, a weak dollar, a rebound in commodity prices and fiscal stimulus.
the dow is wild today

Catatonic

Nine Lives
were at 500 points plus
Yep ... volatile

I keep the CNBC channel or FOX Business on most of the day.
I've been in the market for over 25 years now (1992) and I don't worry about day-to-day trading especially on low volume.
The last week has ratcheted up my attention a good bit.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Yep ... volatile

I keep the CNBC channel or FOX Business on most of the day.
I've been in the market for over 25 years now (1992) and I don't worry about day-to-day trading especially on low volume.
The last week has ratcheted up my attention a good bit.
most of it is computers