dow 27000

bacha29

Everything rests right now on a trade deal with China and a 50 basis point rate cut by the Fed. The resulting market uptick is therefore based on the pure speculation that these events will occur. Want to roll the dice? Be my quest.

bacha29

It's true. They will probably cut it a quarter percentage point but might wait awhile
At his news conference the other day Powell mentioned that it could be as long as 18 months before there's a rate cut. We'll find out in July. In addition I've heard several analysts say that they believe the trade war with China could drag on for years before there's an agreement. Still want to chase the market?

At his news conference the other day Powell mentioned that it could be as long as 18 months before there's a rate cut. We'll find out in July. In addition I've heard several analysts say that they believe the trade war with China could drag on for years before there's an agreement. Still want to chase the market?
They will cut the rates before the next election to give the market a boost. I don't chase anything, have a steady investing plan with a well diversified portfolio

bacha29

They raised rates too much too fast after years of doing nothing. A cut will just drop them back down where they should have been.
They raised it a few months ago when the data seemed to indicate that we would reach the Fed's goal of 2% inflation rate. Looks like now we're not going to get there along with growing signs of a recession. While you might see a 25 basis point reduction in July or this fall it will fall short of the markets demand for a 50 point cut.