Does Blackrock have a better 401k option than UPS/Teamsters 401k?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
FEES !
That is the real option one needs to look at.
Since the UPS/Teamster 401K Fund covers most fees, I pay less than $2 a month for my account.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
FEES !
That is the real option one needs to look at.
Since the UPS/Teamster 401K Fund covers most fees, I pay less than $2 a month for my account.
I haven’t looked at them in years, but I remember those “target date funds“ in our 401(k) having higher fees. Bright Horizon? Anyway….. Some people consider the fees minimal but I will avoid crap like that just on principal alone.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I stick to the Index Funds.
Sure they can be volatile if one were to follow them daily.
But over time , they are the best option.
Again, one must remember that TIME is your best friend when investing.

Over70irregs

Time is becoming a diminishing factor when having 1 Trillion/100 days. The clock is not our friend. This is a problem….. leaves you with a nothing burger 🍔 in buying power.
1714682044289.png

Over70irregs

You literally just spam this stuff.

Bitcoin is not a replacement for a 401K.
End of story.
The story ends in 401k capitulation. Life is not fair. I have time in also. If you end up on the wrong side of a trend you get gradually crushed. You want to align with an apex idea. Second best is SP493 mediocrity.
1714698604244.png

Last edited:

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
The target funds have a slightly higher fee because they have to be managed unlike the s&P 500
I could also never get on board because I was never sure about those target dates. Had no clue at the time how long I would actually stick around.
Time.....not timing is key. I'm not savvy enough, nor have the guts, to try and time anything. "Smash buying" stocks and Bitcoin on top of my DCAs is the gutsiest moves I've made as far as investments.
Lol.

Speculative crypto investing is not a better option than an index fund diversified across many companies and sectors.
Bitcoin might be the exception. I mean....as a society we are used to depending on 5-10 year track records for choosing funds in 401ks/IRAs. Bitcoin has a solid 15 year or so track record. I guess in the end its all speculative though. I continue to invest in my 401k and Bitcoin regardless of any FUD thats out there. And believe i have a nice balance.

Over70irregs

We are rare birds. We have 401(k)s pensions, and maybe a little real estate. And now we get a front row seat for the digitization of real-world assets. Amazing
1714705485777.png