dow 27000

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm all for tax cuts when this country can afford them. Someday we are going to have to solve the national debt issue.
I don't disagree with anyone there and it's frustrating because whoever does it will be kicked out of office as soon as possible.

Like me I live in Illinois. I've been saying for 20 years whoever does what actually needs done will be a one term hated governor. Because not only do massive cuts need to be made but taxes need to go up too.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I guess. Just pointing out the math of the cuts favors the rich.
And to be honest I'm in that sliver of people that is actually going to end up paying more I think of at least won't be paying less.

I was just pointing out that saying the low level people get 1000 in their pocket and the corporations get millions was a pretty shallow way to look at it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
$2.7 T being brought back into the country is great , with the Feds getting $350 B in taxes sure will pay for a lot of new infrastructure.

vantexan

Sang that tune for 8 years then showed your true colors once your party got in office. Sad.
No, I want it fixed. You guys on the other hand made, and still make, excuses for Obama then act like the debt is Trump's fault. And argue against anything he might try to reduce the debt as if you're the experts on what it takes. Insanity.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No, I want it fixed. You guys on the other hand made, and still make, excuses for Obama then act like the debt is Trump's fault. And argue against anything he might try to reduce the debt as if you're the experts on what it takes. Insanity.
Wrong. Cutting taxes when the economy is booming is the opposite of trying to reduce the debt, it's irresponsible stupidity.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
tax question.

is the new tax deal a done deal? where they double the standard deduction? if so i'll take that amount out of my 401k and not be taxed on it?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
tax question.

is the new tax deal a done deal? where they double the standard deduction? if so i'll take that amount out of my 401k and not be taxed on it?
you will get more in your paycheck but the other stuff wont apply until you do your taxes for 2018

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you will get more in your paycheck but the other stuff wont apply until you do your taxes for 2018
for a married couple i think it goes up from 12700 to 25400 but the personal exemptions was eliminated so that's about 8100.

so net is 17300. so about a 4600 gain for a married couple.

then i think since corp taxes are being cut so much , how are we going to make up for the 1.5 trillion dollar shortfall????? 50,000 for each man women and child if my math is right. insanity.

we , the people are going to have to make up for it in other taxes or tax aways.

we are so STUPID. we will lose in the end as always . they just used the shell game on the american people again.

since i'm retired and am over 59.5 i can start taking money out of the 401k but we'll have to talk to a tax pro to see how much so we don't get hosed in taxes.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
for a married couple i think it goes up from 12700 to 25400 but the personal exemptions was eliminated so that's about 8100.

so net is 17300. so about a 4600 gain for a married couple.

then i think since corp taxes are being cut so much , how are we going to make up for the 1.5 trillion dollar shortfall????? 50,000 for each man women and child if my math is right. insanity.

we , the people are going to have to make up for it in other taxes or tax aways.

we are so STUPID. we will lose in the end as always . they just used the shell game on the american people again.

since i'm retired and am over 59.5 i can start taking money out of the 401k but we'll have to talk to a tax pro to see how much so we don't get hosed in taxes.
you can use the tax calculator